1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Express burning choppy dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by lilman, Jan 27, 2005.

1. lilman

lilman Member

Ive tried several times burning a few 600mb avi files (one per dvd) to dvds using nero vision express 3. Everytime I do this, the DVDs play for about 3 minutes and then get very choppy (i.e. pausing every 3 seconds or so). I have been burning these over night with no other programs running in the background so I dont think there is a problem with the buffer. I used gspot to check the fps on the avi files and they are 23 fps. This leads me to believe that the error is with some sort of frame rate conversion because before burning the dvds nero vision prompts me to switch my dvd settings from NTSC (i live in the US) to PAL(which i always thought was 25 fps). So basically my questions are:

Is the weird frame rate the problem with my dvds?

Should I burn these DVDs using nero visions PAL setting?

Is there another program (besides using IFOedit or dvdsanta) that can "fix" my avi files if they are indeed running at the wrong fps without completely converting them to mpeg format with a program like TMPEnc?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  2. lilman

lilman Member

I just tried the dvds on my downstairs standalone dvd player and they started working fine. I had been trying them on my xbox and figured (stupidly) that they were basically the same thing. It turns out xboxes are bad dvd players. Feel free to delete this post.