1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Express v2.1.2.16

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Harbir247, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Harbir247

Harbir247 Member

I recently purchased Nero 6 and also decided to buy a Hitachi dvd cam recorder. I have been trying add text to each video files. They are Mpeg-2, when i go and add the text to the video file they seem to be working in the sample preview. But when i go and export the video to a seperate file i get no text on the exported file. Is there something i am doing wrong beacause i really like NVE or is there another software i can try. I also tried older versions of NVE but still get the same problem.

Any help would be most appreciated!!!!

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Try updating to the newer version and see if that helps. The newest is 2.1.2.18.

http://nero.com/us/nero-up.php

The next step after the preview is to burn, is that where you are doing the export? Burning to a folder rather than to a disc?

3. Harbir247

Harbir247 Member

I go to create new movie and open my Mpeg-2 to add the text. It has an export button at the bottom which allows you to export to a file. I have also tried burning it to a dvd and tried updating it. I also tried a fresh install but still get the same problem.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I added a short .avi clip to NVE, selected edit, added some bouncing text and exported it by selecting the export button. I sent it to a folder on my HDD. after it finished encoding I opened the folder and played the clip. The text was there.

I tried it again with a mpeg 2 clip and had text again in my output folder.

To add text to a clip I select the edit function then at the top I select the text tab and then drag the kind of text effect I want into the clip on the timeline. A window will open that lets me adjust the effect. I adjust the length of the effect by dragging it longer or shorter on the timeline.
    Easy enough to do. The only problem I can think of is that your text is not in the TV safe area. Just check and make sure your text is not running at the bottom or top of the screen and getting cut off.

Make a short clip to experiment with if you haven't already.