1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Express

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tracie28, Dec 28, 2004.

1. tracie28

tracie28 Guest

Hello I've posted a message here recently and have been really working hard trying to get this DVD burning thing down :--)) I've followed several guides and have researched all over the net as well. I think I forgot to mention before I'm using Nero Vision Express. The files I have are AVI. Previously I was told I need to convert the AVI files to DVD but I think I've read that Nero Vision Express does this for me. My question is this right ? If so what can I do to improve the quality of the movies if anything ? They look fine when I play them on my PC but in my DVD player they are lacking quality

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear tracie28,
    My experience has been that Nero can read some avi files but not all. So you may try your luck with it. But if you fail, then you may try convert the avi files into DVD compliant formats, then burn with Nero. Alternatively, you may try DVDSanta which can work with avi files directly in a very effective manner.
    Good luck!

3. Arcadie32

Arcadie32 Member

DVD compliant files are mpeg2 and for best quality the resolution should be 720 x 576(for PAL) or 720 x 480 (NTSC). I think Nero Vision Express can do this conversion if you set it in 'Video Options'