1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero vision, help please

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mikke1556, Jan 5, 2005.

1. mikke1556

mikke1556 Member

I have anime files on my computer and i am using nero vision to burn them onto dvd. the thing is that when i play it, a small portion of the anime is cut off, leaving a letter or two out of the subtitles and that can get annoyng. also when i make the buttons with words to show the title of the show the words are way too small and i cant seem to fix it. anyone help?

2. kleenr

kleenr Member

Click the "more" button at the bottom of the "Add files" window. Click "video options". At the top of the "DVD-Video" tab are three aspect ratio options. 4:3 (tv), 16:9 (widescreen), and "automatic".

I think it defaults to 4:3. Try using 16:9 or "Automatic".

Hope it works.

3. joto

joto Member

I have the same problem and a 16:9 does the same thing, but only on the sides. It works fine on the computer but not on dvd players.
    Also if the movie is downloaded as a 4:3, when you change it over to 16:9 it makes the movie into a small box in the center of the screen.

4. mikke1556

mikke1556 Member

yeah it works but its too small now. theres too much of a black box around it. can i fix this somehow agian... or do u recoomend using another program? btw im putting things liek naruto on dvd if that makes any difference lol =)

5. joto

joto Member

Ironic, I am trying to burn the same show naruto. I have tried to convert the files to dvd format before i've burned them and it still has not worked. I am going to look into different software, so if you find any thing encouraging let me know

6. Roymaru

Roymaru Member

I'm also trying to burn Naruto and other series on dvd. What I've tryed so far:
    -Used Winavi video converter: chose dvd and lowest quality. Ironicly the quality didn't increase at all, And the filesize was only 300 each episode. But the sound was missing when played in vision and burned on dvd.

-Used Winavi to convert to mpeg2: When imported in vision the filesize was beyond 1 gb an episode.

-Used Winavi to convert to mini dvd (also lowest quality) I heard sound in nero vision and had small filesize (225mb) I put it in my normal dvd player. It skipped through allot of frames and eventually crashed. At the moment it is still stuck in my dvd player.

I have no clue what to do now, maybe the mini dvd option in winavi will work with other dvd players.

7. joto

joto Member

stranely enoungh 16:9 widescreen through nero works fine on my bro protable dvd player, I am going to look into why that is. Maybe thats a big clue to solving all of our problems

8. saulat_99

saulat_99 Regular member

I started a thread today. I am having the same problem although not with Naruto though I am burning that as well. I am trying to burn Saw and it does not play in my dvd player. Here is my link, if anyone knows anything please help me... http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/157141

9. joto

joto Member

Any one who still has size issues downloads virtual dub and resize to 600 by 450 then compress it using xvid and it works great