1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision - Menu Problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Smudge249, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Smudge249

Smudge249 Member

Hi, I have been using Nero Vision 5 without any problems until i downloaded the templates pack from Nero site and now my Nero Vision wont work properly.

Am trying to create DVD Video and I load in the videos but when i goto the screen for menu selection/editing any template menu i pick or insert any picture they dont show up on the editing page the screen remains grey or with the Nero Vision 5 logo.
    Have removed Nero and reinstalled twice now and used the Cleantool but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas why this could have gone wrong after working so well? Looking at pic below before I used to get options to type in a title or things but they too have gone.

Am using XP - appreciate any advice you may have.

[​IMG]

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

First things first, well done :) Its rare you see a newbie who is asking for some help, but so much effort into his/her post, with the screenshot and all. *Thumbs up*, it makes a big difference in the amount of people who will try and help.

Now, im not patronising you, but have you pressed "next" and went onto the next few pages after that one? Because i thought it didnt let you edit until a few pages after that.

3. Smudge249

Smudge249 Member

hi mate, thanks for your reply - i have gone to next screen and that is the test screen with the dvd remote on right and picture on left. when testing my movie plays fine but no menu shows up even when pressing menu button on remote.

have tried using various video clips and even one that i successfully converted a few days ago but still get same problem with the menu or lack of menu.

its strange that on the screen where u can select which menu type or pic you want it shows up in the little box at the bottom but not in the main viewing window.

am stumped

4. billybob

billybob Regular member

This is really difficult for me to help because its one of those things where i need to be on your computer having a mess around with it lol.

At the bottem left it says "into video" and "main menu"

Have you tried alternating between them two?

On the right, there are two tabs. One says "templates", one says "customize", try clickign on customize....

5. Smudge249

Smudge249 Member

hey billybob appreciate your time on this. have tried switching between menu and intro video but still nothing, also tried custom menu and used pic from harddrive - have attached screenshots
    the last picture is when i switched from any program back to nerovision and u can see where something is going wrong as the sample screen ends up having part of the window i am shutting down still in it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. billybob

billybob Regular member

Okay. This templates pack.....do you need those templates? Try to uninstall the templates (if thats possible) or just resinstall nero without the template pack.

You said that its nerovision 5...is that the latest version?

That really does have me stumped.

If i were you, id uninstall everything nero off my computer, and then reinstall it again.

Cause that has be completely stumped.
    Sorry if im missing something completely obvious lol.

7. Smudge249

Smudge249 Member

yeah v5 is latest one and have installed 2 different versions of Nero 8 - going to try uninstalling everything and trying an older version see how that goes - do u know what i need to completely clean nero from my pc, have got that clean tool, is that all i need do u know?
    cheers
    dave

8. billybob

billybob Regular member

9. Smudge249

Smudge249 Member

well finally got it working and had to downgrade to Nero Version 7 which has Vision V4. Dont know why Nero 8 would not work but least i got something going now.

Cheers for your time on this mate do appreciate it.

10. billybob

billybob Regular member

no problem, sorry i couldnt actualy diagnose your problem....

11. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

I think Nero Vision 5 is VERY buggy. I was up late last night trying to get something so simple that works in v4 to work but it doesn't. I think I'm going to uninstall it and revert back to v4. Less stress and less headaches :)

12. billybob

billybob Regular member

Think thats the best bet mate.