1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero vs. other burning software

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by oumassara, Apr 21, 2004.

1. oumassara

oumassara Member

My new Sony 4x External DRX510UL is on its way in the mail, and I'm a fan of DVD Shrink, but I have a question about the burning software... I used Nero when my Pioneer DVD106 was still working, but should I stick with it with the Sony drive or should I switch to a different program? What other programs do you use to burn? Thanks in advance.

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Why not, you paid for the program and im assuming it never gave you no problem's right, so just stick with it, or you can use decrypter's burn program.

What ever float's your boat ;)
    I have a Pioneer A07 and I love it hope your new burner work's out great!

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Nero is a fine burning app and , as geestar20 pointed out, if you're not having problems with it there's really no compelling reason to change. Don't forget that Nero interfaces with Shrink to burn - very handy :)

4. oumassara

oumassara Member

Thanks... I just didn't know if there would be compatability issues with the new drive. I went other routes with acquiring the software and can probably do the same for any other burning program, so the cost isn't really an issue if another program might work better with Sony drives... but for now, Nero it is! Thanks guys.

--Geestar, I don't know if you'll have the same problem, but I burned about 200 discs with the 106 and it burnt out, so be sure to get a warranty.

5. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

i upgraded to nero 6 ultra edition and love it...
    nerovision adds quite a bit of options such as recode which lets you 'shrink' dvds you import (still need to rip to hd with dvd decrypter) dvds and then change the bitrates so they fit onto a blank dvd-5. burns fine and works well with my nec nd1300-a.

just my .02..
    peace
    seamonkey420

6. st_pat

st_pat Guest

yeah nero 6 is pretty great

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I've burnd quit a-bit of dvd's and cd's and thanking my lucky star's.. no glitch's.

Sad to say no warranty but still kick'n butt.

8. ellizit

ellizit Guest

I have been using Nero 6 Ultra as of recently, and it does everything that I need it to (PS2 backups and interfacing with DVD Shrink). Great program for my needs!

9. LordZuul

LordZuul Guest

I wasted a lot of money and got very frustrated with the interfaces other products, in the end I keep coming back to Nero whether it be for a CD, DVD or to drive the CD Duplicating Robot (I do a small distribution electronic magazine for a company). If you like it stick to it. In many ways the "problems" that I have with CD software are all about the GUI more than anything else. In most cases, the do the same thing (move data onto the media).

Correct me if I am wrong, it kinda like buying a mobile phone... You pick two phones (say the Sony/Ericson and the Nokia). They both weigh about the same, the displays are crisp and colourful, the both have cameras etc. And at the end you can make calls on it? Are the different? You can argue this all day, because Sony/Ericson puts their connect and disconnect buttons in different order to Nokia.

Pick the software for the interface!!! Enough ranting from me.

10. st_pat

st_pat Guest

wow....thats scary, how do u scoop up what people are on,ip, isp, and browser.............u scare me

11. LordZuul

LordZuul Guest

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Not to scare too many Newbies but you can put anything that you can see into your signature -

Simply copy the URL of that which you covet and it shall be yours :p)

Pete

13. LordZuul

LordZuul Guest

Hmmm... One entire forum with exactly the same sig

Hahahahahahahaha...

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Naaaah, I like my old sig.

Pete

(It's just too easy - fun, but easy :D)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM, 520GB HD.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, Nec 4X R/W ND-1300A, HP R/W 200j, AXV CD/DVD-ROM. GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2004
  15. MysticE

MysticE Active member

No thanks, I think I'll pick the software that works best on my rig.

16. brian100

brian100 Guest

One burning programme that never (or rarely) seems to get a mention is "copytodvd". I have been using this to burn my DVD's for nearly 18 months now & have NEVER (yes never!!) had a bad burn. It has had, god knows how many brands of media through it & has been seemless in supporting my Panasonic DVD/Ram burner & Pioneer 107.

It just my 2 cents.

17. oumassara

oumassara Member

Thanks for your help everyone... It appears Nero is the route to go. I will also try copytodvd... hopefully I don't have problems, but if I do I'll surely let you guys know!! Thanks again, this website is great!

18. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey brian100, I got CopytoDVD because it interfaces with DVD2One but found it to be a very fast burner when I wanted to burn a DVD folder residing on my HD.

My only complaint is I can't set the number of DVD's I'd like to burn like I can with Nero. I have to go back and set it up for every disc I wish to burn.

In general I agree, it is a nice little burning tool, Nero offers a bit more though.

That's my 2 cents -

Pete

oumassara, Thanks for your compliment -

It is people like you who make this site work too - You've seen how we work and you see we have fun doing it -

Now it's your turn, stop back when you're free and help someone else - they'll appreciate it and it will make you feel better :)

You can then Welcome them into the Club :D

We hope to see you around when you're not having problems to solve -

You'll find us over there, by the water cooler, chewing the fat and trying to help the next Newbie with the weight of the burning world upon their shoulders -

We'll be looking for you -

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM, 520GB HD.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, Nec 4X R/W ND-1300A, HP R/W 200j, AXV CD/DVD-ROM. GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2004