1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero vs. Roxio - fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by larrymcg, Mar 24, 2007.

1. larrymcg

larrymcg Member

The Nero install stuff says to get rid of Roxio because of conflicts.
    I see that advice given frequently in this forum.
    I've removed the Roxio software and used the Roxio zapper multiple times. So far, no problems have been corrected by these actions. I have to resort to other workarounds -- mainly record at lower speeds.

Are the alleged conflicts real or are they just a way for Nero to get us to stop using Roxio software? I'd like to use both.

Has anyone had a real problem fixed by getting rid of the Roxio software?

--Larry

PS: Really and truely I'm not trying to start a war. Just trying to see if the conflicts are real. And then I can wonder about why such conflicts have to exist in the first place? It's especially frustrating because other applications want to use Roxio drivers, etc.

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

3. larrymcg

larrymcg Member

I read it but maybe I missed the part where someone said problem XXX was fixed by removing Roxio from the system? Bigtoxy69 made the standard claim that they don't like each other but no specific issues identified.

I guess I'd be somewhat happier with Nero if it handled better the setting up a project to burn an audio CD. Roxio has this simple implementation where it uses the wave filename as the track title. Works for me. But Nero takes the same filename and messes up some of them to come up with a track name. And sometimes it comes up with a track name that must be some strange stuff burried in the meta-data of the wave file. I pointed out my issues with the CD burning project facility at
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/355028
    without any success at how to make things work "correctly".

So I just edit the track names in the project before burning. Not a really big deal, just mysterious how something so simple could be messed up that way.

--Larry

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Well this is a fact on my pc (XP). Roxio EZ Creator 7 and Nero Ultra Suite 6.6.0.18 have coexisted for 3years now with nary a problem. Nero InCD is not installed, Roxio Drag-to-Disc is. Neither program runs at start up and are never opened together. Drag-to-Disc is used and closed after use. No conflicts. IHoe also has them installed, if I remember correctly.