1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero wont burn a 735MB .BIN File and a 70 kb .Cue file to a 800 MB CD-R

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by FactorX, Apr 28, 2004.

1. FactorX

FactorX Guest

a- I downloaded a game from the internet, it was compressed with winrar
    b- I unrar the files and reveal a .Bin file of 740 MB and a .CUE file for 100kb
    C- the instructions on the enclosed read me file say Im supposed to burn both files with nero onto a cd...
    d- the files are obviously too big too fit into a normal 700MB cd-r
    e- I go and purchase 5 92 minutes or 810+ MB cd-r...made by prodisc...
    f- I return home just to find that nero says that there is not enough space on the discs
    g- I activate overburn
    f- I change the total limit of burning to those of my new cd's
    h-I am using a Samsung CD-R/RW SW224-B recorder...
    I- I really need some help

what should I do?

2. Pein

Pein Active member

Image in bin/cue format of that size should fit easily on a regular 700MB cd.
    You should use the 'Burn image...' function.

As far of the issue with the larger cd and overburn I'm out of advices since I have had no use for larger disks and my overburn has worked smoothly whenever I have been forced to use it.

That's nice that you have put everything in order but did you try reburning after f?

edit: typo

Last edited: Apr 30, 2004
  3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Not at all..... just burn away on the 700s! BIN files have a craploaf of overhead anyways!

4. Derr_lol

Derr_lol Member

Have you tried burning the Cue file using Alcohol 120
    normally the bin file is included with cue file so all you need is the cue file, do a simulation burn first and it will tell you how much disc space is required.

5. Praetor

Rather... all you need is the BIN file

6. Derr_lol

Derr_lol Member

Let me explain what I mean, if you extract files from a game with CDRWIN for instance it will ask you to give a name to a cue file then it will proceed to extract your disc, as it does this it also creates a bin file. When it is finished and you go to copy the files to your cd it will ask you to load the cue file.
    This is all you have to do and then it copies it, the bin file is automatically included with the cue file, but the cue file is how it is recognized. If you scan for files with alcohol 120 it will pick up the cue file but not the bin file it will only reconize the cue file, but as with cdrwin when you go to copy it, it will contain the contents of the bin file.
    I have copied many games and I know this to be true,
    but I have found that copying the games with Alcohol 120 is the best as it will read the bad sectors that cdrwin will not, however it will copy your game as a mds file, I have never had a bad copy from Alcohol 120

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It's actually the other way around.

8. Derr_lol

Derr_lol Member

Okay Okay but the fact is that these programs ask for the cue files in order to copy the bin files, at least on the programs I use.

9. Praetor

Yes they do ask for the CUE file in most cases (although in most cases you can also manually direct it to the BIN file) -- the CUE file is just a bunch of text (usually no more than 7 lines or so) which tells the burning app how to interpret the BIN file (i.e., mode and sector information)

10. Derr_lol

Derr_lol Member

I am just trying to help. I know you can use the bin files alone but if someone does not know all the technical details it may be easier for them to just use the cue file instead of beating their heads in trying to figure out how to extract the bin files, I personally have never had a need to do this, therefore I can not elaborate, but I do know that if you have a cue file you dont have to know how to do it, well at least so far I have not, but obviously when he has tried to burn the bin files using Nero for whatever reason it is not working for him so I was just offering an alternative suggestion.

11. Praetor

LOL and I'm not raggin on you (even if it seems that way) ... hehe ... glad you want to help out :)

And I agree entirely .... it was just your statement that the CUE file is all you need which is wrong and can get people off on the wrong start :) Other than that, an awesome perspective :)

Aye Nero support for BIN files all by themselves is spotty at best and even their support for CUE files, while better, isnt superb and for almost all cases, you are better off using the CUE file rather than the BIN file + manual tweaking.

:)

12. Derr_lol

Derr_lol Member

You guys are a trip lol, as you can see I am not deterred easily lol but I know I have alot to learn as well, I have been burning games successfully but I am new to making dvd backups and I have had to get some help there but I finally got that too but now I want to improve it. I do not mean to mis-inform anyone and except any corrections on that, I believe in working smarter not harder so I just use the cue files but yes you do have to have the bin files as well and I know some people want to know the technical ins and outs of everything and on some things I do to, so out of curiosity what programs do reconize the bin files and how can you use them without the cue files and what benefits are there in doing this?

13. Praetor

CDRWIN5 and Discjuggler allows you to directly play with the BIN files (although i belive it supports CUE files as well). One advantage with dealing with the BIN file directly is that you can still burn properly even if the CUE is incorrect (i.e., the CUE states that the BIN is supposed to be interpreted one way but in reality it supposed to be interprted another way).

The only reason i had to make the distinction is that there is the possibility that someone might read your statement "The CUE is all you need" and then go on and delete the BIN file because its not needed -- and believe me I've seen people ask how to make a BIN file from a CUE file before :)

14. Derr_lol

Derr_lol Member

(i.e., the CUE states that the BIN is supposed to be interpreted one way but in reality it supposed to be interprted another way).

That's cool to know,

and your right someone could have took that the wrong way about only needing the cue file, because it is no good without the bin file, and I am glad you pointed that out. I would not want to be responsible for someone deleting their bin file thinking they did not need it, from now on I will be more careful how I word things and not just assume people know what I mean.

15. Praetor

If i havent seen some of the posts ive seen... i would have thought my earlier posts to be 'harsh' lol .... but hell ive seen some "odd" posts :)