1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero won't burn a DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sk8r, Apr 22, 2007.

1. sk8r

sk8r Member

I have looked and read and didn't find anything - so if it is there and I missed it - SORRY!! but ....

I have Nero 6.6 Ultra Edition - works great - I have Pinnacle Studio 8 works pretty good - BUT - Nero will not let me burn a DVD-R (Nero will burn DVD+R quickly and flawlessly) I was able to burn DVD-R with the Studio program but was alot slower than Nero - so that tells me it is not the burner - I have tried Sony, TDK (burner = TDK Indidvd)and Verbatim - none of them worked w/Nero - the Verbatim worked w/Studio

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thank you so much!
    PS - yes I am relatively new at DVD creating and burning

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Have you tried to update your burner's firmware?Always make sure that your burner is running the latest firmware as new firmwares add more supports for newer or more medias.
    Btw,i see you're still using nero version 6.6,i don't know if it's because of that but there's actually better and latest versions than that.I'm using nero version 7.7.5.1(ultra edition)and it works pretty well for me

Vincent.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  3. sk8r

sk8r Member

thx - hope this doens't sound too stupid - but not sure baout "firmware" ?? my burner is external and I didn't load the software that came with it as it came with Roxio - I am trying to figure out of new version of Nero will work ok with my older computer - so any help is always appreciated - thx again

4. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

5. sk8r

sk8r Member

thx so much for the link - I didn't install Roxio at all - not a Roxio fan - thx again

6. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

if your using an older verison of nero go with 6.6.0.18