1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero wont burn from dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tybytiger, Mar 25, 2004.

1. tybytiger

tybytiger Member

hi ive just got a new comp with a dvd copying drive so i down loaded dvd shrink and nero i copyed 1 of my dvd great and burned to disc with no problem but now it will only copy to my hard drive but wont brun to a dvd+r like it did befor

2. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

If you are talking about burning w/ the Nero engine w/ DVD Shrink you may want to check your preferences and be sure that it is selected to burn with Nero instead of saving on your hard drive.

3. tas1948

tas1948 Member

DVD SHRINK WORKS FINE......
    NOW WITH YOUR DVD BURNER YOU MUST HAVE A CD WITH
    THE NERO BURNING SUITE... UNINSTALL ANY VERSION YOU MAY HAVE DOWNLOADED (EXAMPLE) VERSION 6.3 AND ABOVE
    AND INSTALL THE PROGRAM FROM YOUR CD THAT CAME WITH YOUR BURNER..
    THAT'S ALL

4. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

cut the caps tas1948......is viewd as shouting around here.

as for using the oem version that came with your burner tybytiger this should make no difference at all to the downloaded trial version you are using. trial version of nero is a full working copy for 30 days.

i'm more inclined to go along with what mastaprk says and check you have shrink set to burn with nero

good luck

viper

5. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

tybytiger, I know this is a little off topic, but if you are having problems with shrink, and you already have nero 6, you should try to use nero recode 2, in my opinion, it is better than shrink, it is pretty much the same, but has more features and can still use working menus.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

tybytiger,

I would suggest that you use your trial version of Nero instead of anything on a disc. OEM's are not a full version therefore recode 2 (which is slightly more difficult than DVD Shrink) will, with a 95% certainty, I repeat, will not work. Recode 2 is available on the full version only. As Viper said, go into DVD Shrink, click “Edit”, then click “Preferences” under the “File I/O Tab” "tick" - “Enable burning with Nero” then click “OK”.

You should be good to go -

BTW, Welcome to the Club :p)
    Pete

deezp1,
    How are you coming on that guide you were writing ?

7. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

which one?

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Sorry, weren't you talking about doing something on recode 2 in another thread ?

We could really use another one -

9. chris710

chris710 Member

A really reliable burner is SUPER DVD CREATOR, better than Nero for burning 100% of DVD'S with out errors.

10. Doohickey

Doohickey Member

Hey tybytiger,
    I encountered the same problem a while back. In addition to checking the box "enable burning with Nero" in shrinks preferences, (edit/preferences/file I/O tab), you must also make sure that your burner drive is selected as the target device. You may have your hard drive selected, as I did. Once you click 'Backup', you will get to the screen that allows you to set the target device. Hope this helps. Doo ;)