1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO wont recognize blanks

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by sincykid, Aug 1, 2007.

1. sincykid

sincykid Member

ive been using nero ultra 7.dont use burn at once write at 4x. lately when i get done encoding and it requests a blank disc i have to put about 10 in before it will finally work. sometimes it reads right away other times doesnt work at all. using sony dvd-r. any suggestions would be appreciated

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

What's the make and model of your burner? You might just need a firmware update if one is available.

Check what version of firmware you have also. In SmartStart go to Tools>InfoTool. In the drive tab there's a field for firmware version.

3. sincykid

sincykid Member

i have a lite-on 1633s firmware BSOY... not so sure its a technical issue could it just be dust in laser something like that?

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Could be a dirty/dusty lens. Blow some canned air in it or use a dvd lens cleaner.
    I'd try other discs too like Verbatim just in case you got a bad batch of Sony's.

5. attar

attar Senior member

I have a pack of Maxell disks that Nero is acting up with.
    I find if I put the blank in the drive before starting Nero then there is no problem.
    Nero had no problems with these disks until I recently changed DVD burners - the new drive firmware is up to date - just seems to be one of those things.
    The disks are otherwise ok.