1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero won't reinstall

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by a7xsoad, Feb 17, 2007.

1. a7xsoad

a7xsoad Regular member

I had Nero 7 Premium Installed and I tried to make an MP3 cd, but it kept stopping for some reason. I decided to uninstall it and then reinstall it, but upon re installation it wouldn't let me choose what option to use Nero with. When the installation was complete no shortcut showed up, and I opened Smart start from the folder Nero was in and it would only let me copy a Cd, and make one. I didn't have any of the other options anymore. Any ideas as to why this is. I know my serial still works, so that's why I am confused.

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

It doesn't sound like your serial number is working. It let you burn one cd and that was it. It's acting like a demo version. Are you installing from a disc or download? Sure you got serial number correct?

3. mcbrash

mcbrash Member

I am having problems installing nero 7 also. I have tried to install about 7 times so far but still no success. It shows that it is installed in my control panel but when I go to programs nothing shows up nor is there any icon on my desktop. Any ideas?

Sandy

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Sandy, You got me. I have no idea why a program won't install. Hang around someone will be by that can help. Do you have a disc or download??? If you downloaded the files , then redownload them; they may be corrupted. You may just be installing the same corrupted files. Also go to Nero's site and get the Nero 7 clean tool and run it, to get all the old Nero 7 files off, before you try reinstalling.

5. mcbrash

mcbrash Member

I am installing from a disc. If I uninstall, which I have been doing each time, should I still got visit the Nero site to get the clean tool and run it?

6. mcbrash

mcbrash Member

Okay, I've finally managed to install Nero 7, hopefully correctly. I installed it in advanced and for some reason this seemed to work.

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Hopefully you didn't install InCD. Good job tho!

8. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

So far I haven't seen or experienced any issue (or bugs) with my Nero 7751 yet. As usual, everything is working flawlessly.

[​IMG]

9. a7xsoad

a7xsoad Regular member

Alright, well I tried the serial again, but the same thing happened. I used to Nero clean tool, and it worked. I guess some of the files there weren't letting me re-install it. Thanks.

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

a7xsoad

perserverance saves the day, good job.