1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by chenko, Jan 26, 2005.

1. chenko

chenko Member

hi i'm new to dvd burning i've burned 2 dvds but they only work on my computer not on any standalone players. tried several players. i used dvd shrink then burned with cd burner xp pro 3 would it be better to burn using nero 6.6 someone suggested i burn it as an iso file whatever that is. i've tried both dvd+r & dvd-r. would appreciate any help
    thanks

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

You can also burn an image file with DVD Decrypter. I use Nero and Decrypter both for burning. I haven't had much luck with other programs. There is a free trial period for Nero as well. I don't know anything about Burner XP Pro. I've never used it. Just a note of caution, uninstall Burner XP Pro before installing Nero.

Are you using cheap media by chance? What brand of burner? What brand of media? What speed of media? What speed are you burning at?

3. chenko

chenko Member

i'm using datawrite classic dvd-r 4x speed disk
    i burned them at 4x using sony dvd burner
    is decrypter like dvd shrink? also what media do you use
    your self?

thanks

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

DVD Decrypter will rip (copy)a DVD to your hardrive with copy protection and region locks removed. It can also be used to burn an iso image file to DVD. DVD Shrink can decode, reauthor, recompress DVD files as either a folder of video files or an iso image file either of which can be burned to DVD using DVD Shrink, Nero, DVD Decrypter, or any other burning program.A lot of people first rip their DVD to their hard drive and then use DVD Shrink to recompress or reauthor, and then burn their DVD Shrink created files using Nero or DVD Decrypter.

The Datawrite disks should be OK unless they're the ones manufactured by Princo. I use a lot of different brands of disks. Right now I'm using Maxell and Verbatim (both + and -R). You really have to know who mfged the disk. The brand is not as important as the manufacturer. Usually any thing labeled made in Japan will be A OK. I think your problem might be with Burner XP Pro. To see if it is, I would do the following:

Uninstall Burner XP Pro.
    Restart your computer.
    Use DVD Shrink to create an iso image file (when you click the "Backup!" button in the "Select backup target" menu choose the iso image file.
    Burn the image file created by DVD Shrink with DVD Decrypter (free download) [under the mode menu select ISO and then "write." Under "source" select the iso image file created by Shrink and "destination" is the DVD burner.
    If this works, you're set.
    You can also install and use Nero (free trial) for the burn.

5. nawlinz

nawlinz Member

Use DVD Shrink, and Nero for the Shrink burn engine. Also get DVD Decrypter and VOB Blanker.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Chenko,
    It sounds like maybe you are doing something wrong in your processing?

Check out the guide here by ScubaPete http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

Follow that guide and then see if your disk will play in your player. If they don't play after following that guide exactly then the issue is more than likely your media. You can never go wrong buying quality media anything else is a crap shoot! :)