1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Joca2, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Joca2

Joca2 Guest

When I burn an avi file or Divx file using Nero Vision Express 2 on to a DVD there is a problem. The video freezes after about 30 seconds of play. You can still hear the audio, but the picture just freezes. This is also apparant when previewing the video before burning it. It doesn't make any difference if you use long play, standard play or whatever. Any advice?

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Edit: I just realized something, and am completing changing my post.

If you have a problem when [bold]previewing[/bold], the problem's with the source files, not with NeroVision, because NeroVision hasn't done any transcoding at the point where you can still preview the files.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

The files may be corrupted. This happens often if you had downloaded them.

4. Joca2

Joca2 Guest

I thought the files must be corrupted, but when you play them with any media player they play all the way through ok. It's only when you come to burn them that the problems start!! Help!

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Sometimes the problems only show when you burn the files. In any case, you may try to use a video fixer program to fix the problems (not 100% success, tho'), or use an editing program to cut out the corrupted parts.

6. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Get Gspot and have a look at the details of those files (codec used, resolution, etc.). As a last resort, I might try using virtualdub or virtualdubmod to convert them to a different codec, and then see if Nero can handle them okay. The best thing to do would be to get them into mpeg2 format. (Virtualdub cannot do mpeg2, but I think virtualdubmod can.)