1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero6 disables cd/dvd auto play

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by sidelock, Jan 23, 2004.

1. sidelock

sidelock Member

The problem since installing Nero6 is as follows,
    Start computer, place software disk (any software disk) in cd/dvd drive auto play brings up the setup installation screen, ok so far,
    Now if I start my computer and before doing anything else open Nero and then close it (without burning a cd/dvd)
    Now if I place a software cd in my drive I get nothing (no auto play) I can still open the drive and click on the install program and the install screen comes up, but why is Nero disabling auto play, any help would be welcome.
    Sidelock (12g)

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Ok if a software cd is in 1 of your drives then install it>eject that cd. Why open Nero with a software install disc in a drive? Autoplay seems to be working simply because you mentioned:
    Shoey :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Afterdawn forum rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712,CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+,Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700),nVidia GeForce FX5600(256MB DDR),Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd,WD 80 gig external USB 2.0 [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2004
  3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Nero isnt disabling autoplay - its that you havent given the system enough time to unload the IMPAI/burnign crap before instering the next disc.