1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero6 Problem - Can't Start Windows

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nyucat, Dec 31, 2004.

1. nyucat

nyucat Member

First time adding new burning software was today - installing Nero6 which came w/ a burner I just bought - and already had roxio and maybe another similar burning application on my computer. As you might guess, that caused problems. While it's obvious I need to uninstall Nero so I can get rid of the other programs, what's causing me trouble is that I can't get into windows, even via safe mode, because of the error.

I've looked around this forum and beyond but can't find a way to get around this problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Semaj

Semaj Member

ERRRR!!!!
    Sounds like you have a problem. You might need to just reinstall the OS. I've had Roxio and Nero installed at the same time but I never had a problem any similar to yours. If it were me and I didn't need any data on my PC I would just format the HD and reinstall the OS and go from there. I suggest sticking to nero for all your burning needs. Its a whole lot better than Roxio from my POV.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  3. nyucat

nyucat Member

Yeah, I've just begun that process - ugh. Oh well - so far so good, but I'm installing service pack 2 now, which I've read sometimes causes one of the errors I was getting - keep fingers crossed.

Thanks for the reply.

4. nyucat

nyucat Member

Yeah, I've just begun that process - ugh. Oh well - so far so good, but I'm installing service pack 2 now, which I've read sometimes causes one of the errors I was getting - keep fingers crossed.

Thanks for the reply.

5. dnbselect

dnbselect Member

the problem is roxio. i got sony dru710a for christmas and am having the same prob. you gotta start window in the last know good setting ( i think thats what the option said). safe mode wont work. when i first installed nero that came w. the dvd burner, my comp chrashed when i ran nero. i removed all of the roxy programs and now it wont crash, but my damn dvd wont play dvds. they are all pixilated and choppy.

6. rosspod

rosspod Member

my computer did this when i plugged the dvd burner into my motherboard. before i isntalled anything! im not using a sony one, but an iomagic. but i think it is a sp2 issue.

ross

7. dnbselect

dnbselect Member

well i got it working. seems it was working good for some time. turns out it was the dvd i was using (the matrix) to test it was bad or something. which is weird because it plays just fine on my old dvd drive. i put in lotr and it played just fine. burned some stuff also w/ no prob. maybe this is a decent burner after all. just make sure roxio software is GONE from your comp.

8. nyucat

nyucat Member

thanks for the info - all for naught in my case - my hard drive shut down permanently the other day and is being replaced. I'm going to try the stand-alone dvd recorder for a little while. Ugh.