1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by duquesa, Dec 10, 2004.

1. duquesa

duquesa Member

hi all. ive got a problem with nero6 v 6603 when i try to copy a dvd i get this message (cannot copy this disk to a dvd) i have other burning software and they all work fine. can anyone help i also have (dvd region+css free) works fine with other burning software. but not with nero. thanks mike

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

We have found a problem with Nero 6.6.0.3 and some drives.

We have resolved this and will post a new version to resolve it.

We found the issue here.
    DVD-copy from DVD-Rom drives that do not support ReadTrackInformation comand
    is actually broken, as the tracklength will not be analysed correctly.
    Fixed by re.implenting ReadCapacity command for such DVD-Rom drives.

Regarsd

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

3. TDY

TDY Member

Craig,you said you found out what the problem was,great, but when will you at Nero or Ahead Software have the update for the fix...Because I only see the Dec 3 update which is the bad one...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi TDY,

Unfortunately, we did not find the cause of this issue till after we had already posted our current versions on Dec 3rd.

I'm checking to see if we can provide a quick patch for those who need it, or if we'll have to provide a whole new build. If its a new build, we will more than likely wait till end of the month to post a solution. We can not post a new release for every bug found. That would eat up our resources.

If it was a Major bug, then we would of course do so. But this is only affected by some DVD-ROM drives, and those users can still use the Recorder as both Source and Destination, or write to Hard Drive as an Image first, and then burn. So there are work arounds.

Reards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

5. TDY

TDY Member

Thanks Craig,I'm just wondering if its just one file that contains the info for the drives and if that file can be rewitten.Or could I copy the old file from 6.6.0.1 to the new file in 6.6.0.3 since 6.6.01 works for me ? But i need to know what file is it...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005