1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeroVision 3 query

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Chukkee, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Chukkee

Chukkee Member

Does NVE3 support a function to selectively reduce the size of a file/project so it can fit on a single disc instead of automatically applying it's own reduction ratio and thereby reducing the 'project' more than it needs to.
    For example:
    i have a NVE project which weighs in at just over the size which will fit on a standard DVD-R (approx 4.5 Gb).
    NVE3 gives me the option to burn to DVD-9 or 'automatically' reduce the project to fit on DVD-R.
    After the reduction, the Project is only just over 3Gb so i suspect NVE3 has applied to much 'compression'.
    I have not been able to find a user definable control
    to adjust this.
    Have i missed something or is this a limitation of the software?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I have NVE2. At the bottom of the screen where it says 'more', you can click it to reveal 'video options' where you can set the quality of the transcoding.

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

What scf_au said. It's the same with NVE 3. When you get to the screen where you see the size of your project in relation to the size of a dvd drive, select "More" at the bottom, and then "Video Options," and then the "DVD-Video" tab. There you will see a bunch of options for "Transcoding quality." Select "Custom" in the top pull down menu of that section, and then you can set the bitrate manually. With trial and error, you can find the highest bitrate that will allow the project to still fit on a dvd5. Don't go all the way to the red line, though. Stay back a bit, to prevent read errors if you go out to the edge of the dvd.

4. Chukkee

Chukkee Member

Thank you scf_au & bazilla,
    I found the options as you described.
    I knew it had to be something i had overlooked.
    Cheers.

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Happy DVD burning to you too!