1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeroVision Crashes when I add a movie file

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by omgwtf2, Jan 13, 2005.

1. omgwtf2

omgwtf2 Member

Regardless of .mpeg or .avi to dvd or vcd, it always crashes. It either says "The instruction at "0x006ade64" referenced memory at "0x01503978". The memory could not be "rad". Click on OK to terminate the program" or it simply freezes.

1) completely uninstalled the whole nero package. and removed the all traces from the registry. Then reinstalled with the newest version from the site. The whole package

2) Uninstalled Kazaa Lite Codec Pack (the only codec pack I use). (then later on reinstalled)

I have a feeling its a Windows Media codec problem. Or directshow.

Help? :(

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I cannot help you, I never use Nero to encode AVI ---> MPEG-1/2 and the codec packages that are found on the net don't work so often.

My suggestion: since you only need a DECoder, install the codecs DivX and Xvid (the most used; the decoder capabbility is free) and use TMPGenc to encode the video. Only later use Nero.

3. omgwtf2

omgwtf2 Member

But nero crashes even if its a normal mpeg (encoded with TMPGEnc)!

X(

4. sweetsam

sweetsam Member

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Does anyone else have any experience with this and know of any soulutions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :)

5. omgwtf2

omgwtf2 Member

welcome to the club :)

I really strongly believe its somehow how directview (something like that?) or windows media is being handled by my computer

6. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

simple...try another burning app and see if the same thing happens...theres millions of them out there e.g vcdeasy, roxio ect ect. try a few of them not just 1 other ;).

7. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

EDIT:. double post

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2005
  8. omgwtf2

omgwtf2 Member

Ok, I fixed it. So heres the solution for anyone else having this problem.

1) remove all nero products from your computer with nero's cleanup tools ( http://www.nero.com/en/Clean_Tools.html )
    2) then check in windows registy for entries related to ahead nero and delete them

not really a safe and good solution, but it worked