1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeroVision DVD's Play on Computer but not DVD Players.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gfountain, May 22, 2004.

1. gfountain

gfountain Member

Hi,

I used DvdDecryptor to rip IFO/VOB files from DVD, then used Nero Vision 6 to "Make You Own DVD" to add Fades, Menu and Chapters. Next I burn this project to a DVD. It works great on any PC, but does not work on any DVD Player (besides my Philip DVD Recorder). I tried name brand disks, and for burners I tried Sony, Pioneer 107D, and BTC 1008IM.

2. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

gfountain:

Start here to make sure your dvd players like the type of media you are useing. it will tell you what media formats your players like

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

Tell us what happens

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

gfountain, try not using Nero. Use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.

Open shrink, open disc, change target destination to "iso image file", check box to launch dvd decrypter, click ok.

4. gfountain

gfountain Member

I have verified that the brands work on my dvd players. Copies play ok. It only when I try to modify them that my players won't play them. Are there other applications that will allow me to trim, fade, and custom menus to VOB files? NeroVision was very easy to use, which is why I chose to use it. But if it doesn't produce a readable DVD, I guess it is not easy:).

5. pottsy

pottsy Guest

Hello,
    I had loads of problems with nero express.Then some kind soul replied, saying to uncheck the create menu ( under the more option ). Now they play fine in dvd player. Aparently they can freeze at the menu page. You can still use the other editing options. Good luck. Pottsy