1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerovision Express 2 SE freezing when encoding dvds

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by SekiSeki, Dec 12, 2004.

1. SekiSeki

SekiSeki Member

Hello. I tried searching for this, but only found posts about it freezing once the burning had started, so sorry if it has been asked before.

I've using nerovision express to encode dvds from avis, and certain files seem to be impossible to encode, as the encoding-process freezes when trying to encode them (I CAN play them back on my comp, so the codec is installed). I read somewhere that this was just when Nero encountered a difficult section in the file, but I tried leaving it on for a few more hours (the counter for "time spent" on the "current process" freezes, but the one for "total process" keeps going), and it just stood still.. also, if I click "cancel," it freezes completely (the "total process" freezes up too), and it doesn't exit or anything. If there is a "problem area" in an avi-file, is there any way to "fix" it? Some program or something?

Also, I encountered a problem when playing back a dvd I created... the audio was choppy until I had used fast forward (or rewind.. doesn't matter which) on each "chapter" (file). Once I had done that it was ok. Is this a common thing (it isn't so bad since it can be fixed by just quickly pressing fast forward and then play right after that)?

Any help would be appreciated!

2. wicche

wicche Guest

nero vision express3 is out now. Try that

3. SekiSeki

SekiSeki Member

yeah, well I don't think it is the version that's bad.. I've had this problem before, on another comp, and with another nero (regular nero burning rom), and I think it is the avi-file itself...