1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerovision Express 2 Transcoding Problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Hywel, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Grundrush

Grundrush Member

I have downloaded 6.6 and it still shuts down during decoding.

I quess we will just have to wait till the 28th October.

2. scarbouc

scarbouc Member

I am a little uneasy about d/l off the internet...I'll wait

Sorry off topic...

Also I uninstalled INCD4 a while back as part of my troubleshooting...also I think it was causing XP to lock up on boot. Right after the DVD cycles (external memorex) and the blue login screen page with all the user icons shows up. Complete lock up - have to reset. I just reinstalled INCD4 yesterday and it locked up on boot again...I think it is what was causing the problems. I had to remove the DVD-RW and leave the tray open to get it to boot

Thank you

3. scarbouc

scarbouc Member

Okay
    I was editing my project in anticipation of the release of the new software...guess what?? It crashed. Started it up again and I brought up my performance monitor and watched. As I opened up each slideshow to add transitions (never had them - thought they'd be cool) each time I opened another slideshow the pagefile got bigger and bigger.

So here's my theory why the program crashes...the thumbnails in the preview window during editing and burning! I bet the software is keeping those in memory and once enough have been displayed...wammo it crashes.

Just a theory...

Now where's my working program!!

4. vctiesto

vctiesto Member

I also downloaded Nero 6.6. But the problems with nero
    visionexpress 3, are the same.
    When i import a avi file, and start creating chapters
    automaticly it freezes.

system P4 2.8 ht, 1gb Ram, 160 gb disk.

I hope this problem will be solved soon because visonexpress is a easy to use program.

Sorry for my bad english, i am dutch.

5. Grundrush

Grundrush Member

Mine works fine ONLY if I don't tick the the Animation function box on the button settings.

I have 4 video clips and 6 slideshows.

All slideshows have random transitons and also have mp3 tracks.

6. mcpieman

mcpieman Member

I just downloaded a trial of nero6 last night and had the same memory problems mentioned here (unfortunatly I only found the forum while looking for a solution to the problem!). All I wanted to is create a slideshow of photos on VCD, with menu, audio etc, I particulary liked some of the 3D transitions, has anyone got any suggestions of software that will do the same kind of thing?

Also if anyone from Nero is reading this, the memory leak also appears to occur while scrolling throught the pictures when creating the slideshow. I had about 60 photos in one show and I was scrolling throught to rotate the odd one or two, by the time I got about half way through the virtual memory had gone through the roof and the application shutdown. If I introduced a memory leak like that in my code I'd be hung from the nearest lamppost! Have Nero ever heard of Rational Purify, I think they should have a look at it before they release the fix!

7. photog

photog Member

Did you download the beta of 6.6 or 6.3.1.25? 6.6 appears to have substantially reduced the memory blowout if not stopped it?
    Ron

8. airioman

airioman Member

I am desperatly waiting for this Nero fix I have read that there is a download of version 6.6 but when i clik on the link it takes me to the 6.32 version. I have a wedding that I shot for someone that wants it ASAP. Does anyone know exactly when we will be able to get the update? Will we have to pay for it? If so there is no way I will buy it and take the chance of this happening again considering I never got to use the version I have now! How frustrating!

9. Hywel

Hywel Member

10. ripit02

ripit02 Guest

I have been having the same problems as everybody else and tried to download from the tcmagazine link. It downloaded but when I tried to install it gave the error message "This demo version of nerovision express is too old and cannot be installed anymore. A newer version is avalable. Please download the latest demo version directly from our web site."
    Has anyone else had this problem? I was running an earlier 6.3 ver but updated to 6.3.1.25 (from a link here) because I thought it was the 6.6 update. I cannot find 6.6 on the nero site anywhere. Is there another link that might work?

11. MysticE

MysticE Active member

12. ripit02

ripit02 Guest

I understand that the official release is on the 28th. I have no problem with that. I just wanted to get a hold of the beta release. I understand what a beta release is (usally released to a select number of people to try it out, with the understanding that this release may have problems, and with the intent that beta release users will report their problems to help make the final release stable). I know that a beta release coud go psycho and trash my system (not likley bought it could), and I am probably not the best person to report back (I'm no expert here), but I have wiped out my system 5 times in the last 2 months (new hardware including raid arrays, learned the hard way, ghost doesn't like raid), I think I am getting to be an expert at reinstalling xp and trying to recover crashed instalations with recovery console or repair instalations. Actually I don't know what I am doing (ie i'm no expert) but I'm not afraid of crashing and or trashing my system. I just liked the idea of trying the beta version. I should mention that my main rig still runs sp1, has no network conections, is not conected to the internet, and only recieves files through cf card, after carfully scanning the files (I got a little, or rahter a big scare recently, as I had to transfer 20 gig of data so I used a hard drive
    (physically swapped the drive), and the system died!!! Long story short, bad hard drive cable (damn generic round cables). I know that sooner or later I will acidentally transfer something that will kill it, but hopefully not too soon.
    I would not mind waiting past the 28th, if that is what is nessasary to fix the problems and get it stable and compatible (very stable and compatible I hope). But if there is a bata avalable, I wouldn't mind playing with it on my oh so damaged internet rig.

13. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Nero 6.6 has officially been posted on the Nero website today.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

14. Grundrush

Grundrush Member

What a Joke, downloaded version 6 reloaded

and it still shuts down during the Transcoding process.

Am I the only one?

15. flim

flim Member

Even worse - I just installed the updates from the Nero website and got these surprises:

1) The NeroVision Express 3 program does NOT recognize project files (.NVC) created with NeroVision Express 2. All that hard work I put into my projects, and was never able to burn because of NVE2 bugs, is wasted (until a conversion utility is released?).

2) NVE3 hangs when I RUN it. I haven't even made it to the burning or transcoding process. I just clicked "Make Movie" and it hangs. It is sitting there "Not Responding". Lovely. (I ran the Nero Clean Utility before installing these updates). I killed the process and tried again. This time it makes it to the "Untitled Project" screen - and I notice it has "My Media Files" populated with data I used in NVE2 - but it is REALLY slow. I try scrolling through the list and it locks up the program.

I do NOT have a lot of confidence in this release. I'd suggest sticking with the NVE3 beta (which, curiously, WAS compatible with the NVE2 project file format).

16. scarbouc

scarbouc Member

Why isn't this update showing up in the Nero product Center under updates?

17. scarbouc

scarbouc Member

Also what gives with my previous comment about INCD locking up my computer??

18. Hywel

Hywel Member

I tried the new updates last night and this morning I had a successful project. The transcoding is quicker as well. It took 3 hours instead of 4.

19. Grundrush

Grundrush Member

Yeh but try creating slideshows with randon transitions and animated buttons.

20. mcpieman

mcpieman Member

I've also tried Nero6.6 and successfully burnt my VCD, although I didn't use random transitions. I was also also able to read my NVE2 project into NVE3. I watched the process in Performance monitor (sad I know) and the virtual memory usage seemed stable, although there still appears to be a handle leak, but not enough to cause a problem unless your using it for days on end.