1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nerovision express 3.0

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by wajax, Apr 26, 2005.

1. wajax

wajax Member

anyone here know what causes an error " memory could not be read"
    this happens when i try to make a dvd from a tv recording and only happens with nve .. it worked for about 4 dvd's and now all i get is application errors and cant get nve to open any of my recordings from tv - via pvr250/beyond tv / dvd stream capture - even tried program stream all other features work such as recode with no problems

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

If you have not done it already try reinstalling NVE.

3. wajax

wajax Member

sorry i should have mentioned - i did a reinstall and this time applied a patch found on nero's site (although i dont think it is related ) - now it will load the files about half the time . just on the chance it might be... i swapped out my ram ,but same effect.

sys info. gygabite mobo, 2.5 p4northwood, 2 x 512 ddr333, 120GB HD7200,ati9800 pro, 2xpvr250,450wattpsu,

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

humm i was going to say try swaping he ram around.

5. wajax

wajax Member

well funny enough - it seems to be working again with the old ram in - i did however notice that on nero's web site -there is an update from nve 3.1.0.0 to 3.1.0.0d i download the file and when i run it - it says this will upgrade from 3.1.0.0 to 3.1.0.0 but no "d" after the 0 - the update file itself is newer than the file previously on my pc and oddly it doesn't come up when i check for updates thru nero smart start ---? however i'm glad it's working again

and thanks for your responses -

6. AMCC-UK

AMCC-UK Member

After updating to Nerovision Express 3.0 and doing all the Clean Tool operations, I am still having a problem creating a DVD slide show with jpegs. I sent an email to tech support, but they just gave a standard reply telling me to use the Clean Tool and Registry Checker, which I had already done to no avail. I got my new Sony DVD burner (which included the Nero package) for the very purpose of creating DVD slide shows, so I'm looking at a big $$$ waste if I can't get this to work. I am suspecting a software compatability issue (appcompat.txt) but can't isolate it. I am desperate for help, but please assume that I know very little about computers.

Problem: When attempting to create a slide show (using jpegs) in NeroVision Express, the program always hangs either when attempting to view the preview (either on the main editing page or on the subsequent preview-before-you-burn page), when trying to burn, or when trying to save the project to the hard disk. This occurs regardless of whether I include transitions or music.

Steps Taken: Upgraded to Nerovision Express 3.1.0.0 (Apr 24); Sent error reports with most problems; Removed Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 and MyDVD; Ran Nero General Clean Tool; Ran Nero Registry Checker and DriverClean Tool (I subsequently received a notice from iTunes that the registry information for burning CDs through iTunes had been removed, which I therefore reinstalled after determining that the clean tools did not resolve the problems with Nero)

Usual Error Report: szAppName : NeroVision.exe, szAppVer : 3.1.0.0, szModName : hungapp,
    szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

I can attach the error log, but it is quite long.

System Details
    Operating System: Windows XP Home (with SP2)
    System Manufacturer: Dell
    System Model: Dimension 8250 Series
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4 at 2.40GHz

Nero Specs
    NeroVIsion Express 3 ver 3.1.0.0
    Nero OEM ver 6.6.0.12

DVD/CD Drives
    Sony DVD RW DRU-710A(USB port)
    NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A (built-in; I don’t use this burner because I always get a “Power Calibration Error” message regardless of media, hence the Sony purchase)

Other Programs (*programs used): Cyberlink PowerDVD Software Decoding; MusicMatch 7; Dell Picture Studio Image Expert; *MS Worksuite 2002; *Adobe Acrobat 5.0; *Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 Starter Edition; *Canon Utilities; DVD Sentry ver 1.00.0001; *iTunes ver 4.7.1.30; *Jasc PaintShop Pro; *Symantec LiveUpdate 2.6.14.0; *Symantec Norton Internet Security 8.0.0.64; MusicMatch Jukebox; Quicktime; *RealPlayer Basic; Shockwave; Soundblaster Live; Viewpoint Media Player; Zone Alarm ver 5.0.590.043.

7. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Update video card drivers.
    Update to DirectX 9.0c

8. AMCC-UK

AMCC-UK Member

Thank God, looking for an answer forever. Updating the video card driver worked. Now happily making DVD slide shows.