1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nerovision express

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by gbc410, Mar 10, 2004.

1. gbc410

gbc410 Guest

I just purchased nero 6.0 OEM version. I tried to install nerovision express and it proceeded to install direct x 9.0 first. Is direct x needed. My operating system xp-pro, ATI 9800 etc.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes I believe DX9 is needed ,You should have it anyways as it add more compatibility with the Latest Software and Hardware...You Probably should use Vision express anyways as it is Known for being a Crap Program, It will ALLWAYS Re-Encode your Files when you want to creat a VCD/SVCD/DVD, Even if the Files are allready in the Correct Mpeg format and 100% Compliant, This in Turn Totally degrades the Quality and Takes up a Lot of Time....Cheers

3. gbc410

gbc410 Guest

thanks for reply. Are you saying that nerovision express is not worth it. I used dvd scrink and I need to burn disk using nerovision. If not nero what do you suggest?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can Use Nero To Burn DVD"s from DVD-Shrink, But Nero Vision express is a Totally Different Program from The Nero Burning Program..Vision Express is Mostly for Takeing AVI/Mpeg Files and makeing VCD/SVCD/DVD"s from them but is Not for Burning DVD Folders from DVD shrink to DVD-R, you can Use the Regular Nero Burning Program for that..Some "Nero Burning Ron" is Good for Burning But "Nero Vision Express" is Bad for Createing (S)VCD"s or DVD"s from AVI/Mpeg files....Cheers

5. gbc410

gbc410 Guest

THANKS AGAIN SO THE OEM 6.0 VERSION WHICH i BOUGHT WHEN YOU LOAD DISK IT GIVES YOU A MENU OF ITEMS TO INSTALL. SO BASED ON WHAT YOU SAID INSTALL THE MAIN NERO PROGRAM AND SKIP THE OTHER INSTALLATION OPTIONS. oNE FINAL QUESTION i HAVE ROXIO 6.0 INSTALLED i USE DRAG TO DISK FEATURE. i HEARD OF CONFLIXTS BETWEEN TWO PROGRAMS. dO YOU HAVE ANY EXPEROENCE WITH BOTH PROGRAMS LOADED ON SAME COMPUTER. tHANKS

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

I had Problem when I had both Programs installed, I don"t know if it was a Conflict between RoXio and Nero But I know after I installed Roxio Easy CD/DVD Cremator I suddenly had no CD Drives on my PC and I ended up haveing to Re-install Windows XP, I don"t know if it was a conflict or Just that Roxio Is really Buggy but that was My Experience with the two being installed at the same time...Most of the Stuff you can do with Roxio you can do with Nero accept Roxio just has a Flashier Interface so it may be easier to use but Nero seems much more stable and has less Bugs.....Cheers

7. gbc410

gbc410 Guest

Thanks you are a wealth of info. Since I have roxio 6.0 installed can I take files created by DVD Shrink and burn disk via Roxio. Somebody told that roxio does't support IFO files and somee;se told me that you can burn DVD just bring files over as data files.Thanks again

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The OEM version of Nero 6.0 (Nero Express)works perfectly with DVD Shrink. It is the only version of Nero that I use and I've burned several DVD backups with them together without a hitch.

9. gbc410

gbc410 Guest

SOPHOCLES, HAVE YOU TRIED BURNING dvd DISK USING ROXIO 6.0. READ MY MESSAGE ABOVE. IF SO HOW TO DO IT. THANKS

10. Minion

Minion Senior member

Sophocles: Nero Express and Nero Vision Express are 2 seperate Programs.."gbc410" was talking about Vision Express...
    gbc410: You can burn the Video_TS Folders to DVD useing the regular Nero Burning Program in DVD Video Mode.....Cheers

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Thanks minion, wasn't paying close attention. GBC, I haven't used Roxio for some time now. DVD Shrink is the reason that I purchased a basic verion of Nero. I also use CDRwin5.0, Alcohol 120%, and CopyToDvd.