1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerovision - How Trim Front Of AVI?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by rwinegar, Jan 19, 2007.

1. rwinegar

rwinegar Member

I am using the Nerovision portion of Nero version 6.

I am going nuts here. What should be a simple operation seems impossible. I have an AVI file I want to burn to a DVD. I have done this hundreds of times. But this one has too much dead space at the beginning. I want to trim 9 seconds from the beginning of this file. Can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks a lot.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

After you have the movie in NVE click Edit Movie.
    That should bring you to the Edit movie area. At the bottom is the tabbed Storyboard/Timeline view of the video. Switch to Timeline and using your mouse, drag the position marker at the left over until you get to the start of the movie.

[​IMG]

3. rwinegar

rwinegar Member

Thanks fasfrank.

That's exactly what I've been doing. But when I click on the cut button a second time I get a message "The cut region you selected is too large. The remaining segments would become invalid..... I am only pulling the line over until the counter reads 9 seconds. How can that be too much?

4. rwinegar

rwinegar Member

OK. Now I got it figured out. I was clicking on the cut button. But I now see that was a mistake. Just pull the line over and click on "next" and proceed normally. That works. But it's not very intuitave.

Thanks for your help fasfrank.