1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeroVision Preview Hangs On First Frame

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TZoo, Sep 29, 2004.

1. TZoo

TZoo Member

I have an avi file I'm trying to burn using NeroVision (I haven't tried WinAVI or anything else on it yet). When Nero goes to the Preview screen, the audio is fine, but the video is frozen on the first frame. If I proceed to the Burn phase, the transcoding never really makes any progress.

I verified the file size. The file plays fine in Windows Media Player, both audio and video. The file properties says it's encoded in DivX, although it doesn't say what version, I have the latest version of DivX installed. I ran into a kind of similar problem (intermittent frames showing up in Preview) in the past when I had an older version of DivX, but now I'm up to date. This one file is the only one I've ever had a problem with.

Anybody run into this? I'm thinking codec, but I have the latest version.

Thanks.

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

How was the AVI file created?

Did you download the file? If you did, it's always possible it's a corrupted download, even though it plays back fine.

You mention you have the latest DivX encoder, but not what version of DivX created the file. Which makes me assume you downloaded the file and that you personally did not create the file.

The fact that other files work, and I assume you mean other DivX created file, is a very strong indicator that the file you are having trouble with is either corrupted, or how it was created is suspect.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

3. TZoo

TZoo Member

Thanks Craig. I've come to the conclusion that the file is corrupted in some fashion.

4. TZoo

TZoo Member

Update: WinAVI successfully created .vob files from the file in question. Then I used Nero to merge and burn them. Bonus: the transcoding in WinAVI took only 75 mins as opposed to approx 6 hours for a similar sized file in Nero.

Cheers.