1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeroVision Slideshow Closes w/Error ???

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by grayscot, Feb 17, 2007.

1. grayscot

grayscot Member

After setting up a slideshow in NeroVision, if I hit Preview, the program closes and indicates Windows indicates it is writing an error message but this is less than helpful. Once it wrote a NeroHistory.log, as below, but usually nothing. Same way if I just burn it. Using Nero 6.6.1.4 and NVE 3.1.0.25 but same thing happens with Nero 7 and NVE 4. I'm not doing anything fancy, just .jpgs and transitions, no effects or elaborate menus, titles, etc.

Windows 2000 5.0
    IA32
    WinAspi: File 'Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=4.60 (1021), size=45056 bytes, created 9/10/1999 11:06:00 AM
    ahead WinASPI: File 'F:\p\Nero6\Nero\Nero\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 11/2/2004 12:54:32 PM

NT-SPTI used
    Nero API version: 6.6.1.4
    Using interface version: 6.6.0.1
    Installed in: F:\p\Nero6\Nero\Nero\
    Application: nero\Nero - Burning Rom
    Internal Version: 6, 6, 1, 4d

Recorder: <PLEXTOR DVDR PX-712A> Version: 1.05 - HA 1 TA 0 - 6.6.1.4
    Adapter driver: <IDE> HA 1
    Drive buffer : 8192kB
    Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI, detected: ?

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
    CdRomPeripheral : PLEXTOR DVDR PX-712A atapi Port 1 ID 0 DMA: On
    CdRomPeripheral : PLEXTOR DVDR PX-504A atapi Port 1 ID 1 DMA: On
    DiskPeripheral : WDC WD1200JD-00GBB0 atapi Port 2 ID 0 DMA: On
    DiskPeripheral : WDC WD3200KS-00PFB0 atapi Port 3 ID 0 DMA: On
    ScannerPeripheral : Scanner 600 1.90 aic78xx Port 4 ID 6 DMA: Off

=== CDRom-Device-Map ===
    PLEXTOR DVDR PX-712A P: CDRom0
    PLEXTOR DVDR PX-504A Q: CDRom1
    =======================

AutoRun : 1
    Excluded drive IDs:
    WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte
    ShowDrvBufStat : 0
    BUFE : 0
    Physical memory : 1022MB (1047276kB)
    Free physical memory: 527MB (540416kB)
    Memory in use : 48
    Uncached PFiles: 0x0
    Use Inquiry : 1
    Global Bus Type: default (0)
    Check supported media : Disabled (0)

NeroAPI
    2:43:31 PM #1 Phase 111 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275
    DVD-Video files sorted

2:43:31 PM #2 NEROAPI 7 File Burncd.cpp, Line 3095
    Error:\nCannot connect TRF.

2:43:31 PM #3 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 867
    DRM: DRM burn session terminated.

2:43:31 PM #4 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 896
    DRM: Closing entire DRM handling. Bye.

Existing drivers:
    File 'Drivers\ASPI32.SYS': Ver=4.60 (1021), size=25244 bytes, created 9/10/1999 11:06:00 AM
    File 'Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS': Ver=2.03.32a, size=20640 bytes, created 4/25/2005 2:03:00 AM (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K)

Registry Keys:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon
    ====== *** NeroAPI, History File *** ======

It might look as though it's too small a swapfile, but I have more than twice the swap space as my 1GB RAM. Using W2K
    Anyone have an idea?

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Some things seem to be happening in some circumstances with programs stopping without saying why. If Nero offers to write an error log, let it. If you have an event viewer in W2K, you might check that.

Otherwise, are you using a correct serial number? Are the files you are using OK or might one be corrupt? Someone the other day had to remove the transitions for it to work.

You aren't using any music?

I don't know if it was you the other day with the "cannot connect TRF" message, but a Google seemed to suggest motherboard drivers.

3. Molder

Molder Regular member

Hi,
    I will be straight to the point, I HATE NEROVISION, it never works. I know people will say they never have a problem, well I always do. There are many better products out there that do a far better job.

For slideshows download Microsoft PhotoStory (it's free for XP, I see your running W2k). As I said there are heaps of programs out there.

Microsoft PhotoStory 3 click here

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  4. grayscot

grayscot Member

The most recent event messages are Perflib errors whose relevance I can't determine. Yet the notice that an error message will be written seems to come from W2K. There is a NerovisionLog. written but this appears to be a list of services, etc. loaded. At the end there appears to be something that might be relevant though I can't tell what if anything it means;
    "Node removed: Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy"

This appears just after the node was loaded and the last item on the NeroVersionlog.txt

This error message is just after trying the slideshow once again, this time without transitions. Not using music, just 4 photos. I don't see how the file could be corrupt unless Nerovision is doing it. And I can't figure what motherboard drivers might not be loaded. The serial number is my own and quite valid. I'm not having any trouble with Bakitup burns so the basic installation seems OK. I didn't list it on the NeroHistory.log for obvious reasons. This time, again, no NeroHistory.log was written.

5. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

If the error occurs during the preview, I suppose we can rule out any hardware related issues or transcoding problems. It would seem to be just limited to the file itself or some process involved in presenting the preview.

The Preflib seems to be related to languages you have installed, but you might Google to see if you think it is relevant. If the events happen at the same time as your preview errors, then it probably is a factor.

I see you have the program installed on the F: drive. Since I have no experience with a setup like yours, I can't say whether it is relevant. I do know Nero needs access to the original files during the process.

Does this happen with all the .jpgs you try, or just certain ones?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  6. grayscot

grayscot Member

There were 28 of these Perflib/Perfproc errors yesterday in Application Events:
    "The timeout waiting for the performance data collection function "PerfProc" in the "G:\WINNT\system32\perfproc.dll" Library to finish has expired. There may be a problem with this extensible counter or the service it is collecting data from or the system may have been very busy when this call was attempted." Only one of which may have taken place when I ran the program last. There were no other errors in any of the other logs yesterday.

I thought everyone kept their program files off the system partition. I keep DOS on C: & D: as a separate Fat installation; E: is for Utilities, F: programs; G: system, H:Data, Dump, Swap; I: graphics, J: Separate minimal w2K installation; K: L: empty, M:Backups, all NTFS. Nero Backitup and other installations have always worked OK this way though I used Nero much apart from Backitup.

jpgs sources all vary. I have no trouble previewing/burning an Irfanview slideshow of the same .jpgs.

Thanks for analysis and suggestions.