1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeroVision

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mekaren, Jan 20, 2007.

1. mekaren

mekaren Member

I'm using NeroVision v.4, running WinxpSP2.
    I'm trying to create & burn a dvd-video slideshow using 908 jpegs and 10 audio files. Suddenly I get a dialog box which says I can only put 99 pics into a slideshow and I have to put all the others into new titles. This really screws up the music I worked so hard to get to go with the specific pics. I have made vcd's before, successfully, but now this comes up. The slideshow is too big for a cd so have to do a dvd video. I thought the 99 pics was only if you use transitions, at least that's what I've been told before. Any ideas why I can't do one title without transitions?

2. ukuser1

ukuser1 Member

You could use VirtualDub and read in the sequence of jpegs and then save as AVI and then import that as a movie into Nero Vision. Then add the 10 sound files to the audio track.

3. mekaren

mekaren Member

thanx, but, this is supposed to be a Nero support forum, and I'm trying to find out how to use Nero, as is. Any ideas there?

4. ukuser1

ukuser1 Member

Fair point. Though I did suggest use of Nro Vision to make the final VOB/DVD/MPEG-2 with audio.

However, I have given this some more thought.

99 pictures per slide show is a hard limit in Nero Vision, it seems.

Therefore to work around your problem and just use Nero Vision I can suggest the following.

Make up one slide show of 99 pictures, setting the duration that each picture is shown to whatever you decide. e.g. 8 seconds. Then use the Nero Vision "export" button and export it as a AVI or MPEG-2, then start on the next 99 pictures etc.... until you have gone though all the pictures in this manner. I suggest the same slide duration throughout. Then make a new movie using Nero Vision using all the AVIs or Mpeg-2 files than you just exported. Finally add the 10 audio tracks to the audio track and then you can create a DVD.

Basically Nero Vision Slide shows are just Nero making a movie (AVI, MPEG-2) of the pictures holding then in the frame for x duration seconds with or without intervening transitions and background audio.

I have no idea why Nero programmers limit to 99 pictures per slideshow. Seems a silly lazy programmers limit to me.

5. donewell

donewell Regular member

mekaren
    Here's a thought,make ten slide shows one at a time burned to hard drive. then make a new movie adding files . after they are all in the preview screen onthe left side at the bottom of the screen there is a button to merge all the files to one. Give it a try.

6. ukuser1

ukuser1 Member

donewell

Our postings overlapped.

I think we both agree on a possible work-around here.

However burning 1 slideshow to hard disk and then another etc... is more involved than the method of exporting I described

Cheers

7. donewell

donewell Regular member

ukuser1
    I agree, your way sounds like the best way to go.

8. mekaren

mekaren Member

Yeah, the strange thing to me is, I have created cd video slideshows using NeroVision, with over 600 pics plus audio, all in one video. I don't know why I can't do it using a dvd, since this one is too big for a cd.
    Anyway, ukuser1, I printed out your instructions and hopefully I can follow them. I know nothing of AVIs etc, so it will be a challenge. Thanks for your help, and I'll let you know how I do.

9. ukuser1

ukuser1 Member

admins where are the 2 replies on this thread which i posted yesterday. the replies have disappeared. what's up?

10. ukuser1

ukuser1 Member

admin ignore my last reply - i see all the replies now

11. donewell

donewell Regular member

-----ukuser1
    I have been getting this too. I get an email saying thread has been updated but when i go there, nothing is new, and sometimes the last one i seen is gone.
    I have to go back 2 or 3 times for the new to show up.