1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeroVisionExpress 3 Problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by whatupp, Jan 17, 2005.

1. whatupp

whatupp Member

When I try to burn avi and mpeg movie files using the latest version of nero vision express 3 I get an error that says "Unable to create disc structure", I did not have this problem when using NeroVisionExpress 2, Please Help

2. nozwaldo

nozwaldo Member

I think i'm having a similar problem! I can burn CD's fine, but when I process an AVI file to burn onto DVD the conversion process takes place (burn to hard drive is OK) but if I am burning to disc I get a disc structure error. i am not at my own PC right now, but I recal that the error on the log is 129 or 1209. What error code do you get, and at which stage? The annoyance for me is that the vast part of the file gets burnt to disc!!! :eek:(

3. whatupp

whatupp Member

the error on my log is also 129, I also have the problem of it burning alot of the file on the dist, I am trying to burn episodes of a tv show about 13 of then onto the dvd but after the first one burns I get the unable to create disc structure error, I tired it with other avi and mpeg files thinking maybe just the one file had a problem, but it occured with the others too

4. nozwaldo

nozwaldo Member

which burner are you using? I am using an optorite.
    I believe that the problem may be something to do with the ASPI layer, but i've yet to conclude quite what!!

5. nozwaldo

nozwaldo Member

I believe that this is the offending error message:- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)
    [10:27:58] DVDEngine _Xcept (): Signalling Exception: 129 NeroBAOCloseFile() returned error condition _BAOContext::CloseFile()
    [10:27:58] DVDEngine ****END: Create - VTSI#1
    [10:27:58] DVDEngine **END: _DVDVideo - Create
    [10:27:58] DVDEngine ########################################################################################
    [10:27:58] DVDEngine ERROR
    [10:27:58] DVDEngine cause: 129 (neroapi_call_failed)
    [10:27:58] DVDEngine source: NeroBAOCloseFile() returned error condition
    [10:27:58] DVDEngine description: _BAOContext::CloseFile()
    [10:27:58] DVDEngine ########################################################################################
    [10:27:58] DVDEngine **BEGIN: IDVDSessionBaseImpl - Clear

6. whatupp

whatupp Member

im using a sony burner, i'm waiting for an email back from nero tech support, but seeing how it's MLK day I'll probably have to wait until tommarow

7. bq77

bq77 Member

I too am getting "unable to create disc structure, Burn process failed" message. The error log contains the 129 error code :

[16:41:57] DVDEngine ########################################################################################
    [16:41:57] DVDEngine ERROR
    [16:41:57] DVDEngine cause: 129 (neroapi_call_failed)
    [16:41:57] DVDEngine source: NeroBAOCloseFile() returned error condition
    [16:41:57] DVDEngine description: _BAOContext::CloseFile()
    [16:41:57] DVDEngine ########################################################################################
    [16:41:57] DVDEngine **BEGIN: IDVDSessionBaseImpl - Clear
    [16:41:57] D

Very frustrating as this happens after the entire DVD is compiled and just about finished burning.

I can still sucessfully burn SCVD's,music CD's, and copy DVD's using DVD shrink but am unable to process AVI file with Nerovision 3 with out getting above reference error.

Did not have any problem either until the latest upgrades 6.6.05 and 6.6.0.6.

Any way to go back to a previous release with out reinstalling from the original disks( and going back to the original, I think I had a couple of sucessfull updates before this fiasco).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  8. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

uninstall all of the updates and use the clean tool from nero's site and reload the previous version . it solved my problem .

9. whatupp

whatupp Member

Cool thanks I will try

10. bq77

bq77 Member

Thanks Will do tomorrow. I am not sure which previous version I had though. Is there a way to tell?

11. whatupp

whatupp Member

problem fixed using dlc2000's method, but i wish nero could fix the problem, because nerovision express 3 is so much faster then 2

12. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

im glad it worked out for you as it did for me . now we all have to wait for nero to fix it . if they ever do . im glad i could help . spread the word with the many others having the same problem .

13. nozwaldo

nozwaldo Member

IT WORKS!! This may be a fluke/coincidence or something, but browsing through other forums regarding Nero problems I came across the suggestion that InCd could be at fault for a variety of errors in Nero generally.

Guess what! I uninstalled InCd, and Nero Reloaded and Express 3 now works like a dream. My 2 week frustration seems to have come to an end. Have converted/burnt 2 avi films to full menued DVD now without a blip.

Try binnig InCd and let us know if you get a result

14. whatupp

whatupp Member

Good looking man!!

15. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i have never had incd installed before so that was not my problem . also have a look here , an employee of nero states clearly there is a problem with nero vision express 3 , page 10 at the bottom of the page . http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/10/105308

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  16. whatupp

whatupp Member

Here's the deal I did it nozwaldo's way, I got ride of incd, I restarted my computer and it work it burned my avi and mpeg files that it would not before. One other thing I did though was turn off the Burn at once feature, but I don;t know if that had anything to do with it. BUT IT WORKS NOW!!!

17. nozwaldo

nozwaldo Member

I've still got burn at once on... seems OK

D'ya think we ought to mention this to someone at Nero??

18. rbendorf

rbendorf Guest

I am having the same problems with NeroVisionExpress 3. It almost completes, but not quite. My error files are pretty much the same as the ones I have seen on this thread. Last week I was using an early Nero 6.6 ultra version and reinstalled my operating system because of a drive failure...now with the latest Nero Ultra I cannot burn a DVD. I have have been using Nero for about 5 years and have purchased all versions. I assume that they will get the NVE3 burn problem fixed, but I have a question. What is the burnatonce...I know there is a program by that name...is that what members are talking about?

Rich Bendorf

19. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

I got rid of InCD as suggested and also unchecked Burn at Once in the Settings. The latest version not only works fine now, it is also twice as fast as the old version.

Thanks for the suggestions.

P

20. ron12347

ron12347 Member