1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeroVisionExpress 3 Problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by whatupp, Jan 17, 2005.

1. nightveil

nightveil Member

I'm having the same problem on my box with an error log pretty much verbatim from what the ones included here have seen. I've run into about three different threads about this problem, but have seen no responses from Nero on any of them regarding the burn failures.

Unfortunately uninstalling/cleaning/reinstalling has NOT solved the problem for me, and i'm now up to 6 coasters ... it gets to the VERY end when it tries to write the final disk structure, then barfs with the same errors everyone else is seeing. Again, this is with burning any kind of video files to a DVD.

My system:
    Dell 400sc (P4/2.8) WinXP-SP2
    1gb RAM
    Sony DRU-710A with the BY02 firmware update (DMA on)

Anyone else had any success in getting around this problem?

Joe

2. bq77

bq77 Member

as the above replies said, I disabled INcd and unchecked burn at once and I was able to sucessfully burn 2 DVD's also. Thanks .

3. nightveil

nightveil Member

Yep... but unfortunately InCD isn't even *installed* on this machine, I even did the complete uninstall/clean (using Nero's tools) and reinstalled ONLY the main Nero segment and the NeroVisionExpress segment, intentionally not even installing the pack which has InCD... so it cannot be InCD causing the issue.

Joe

4. rbendorf

rbendorf Guest

I uninstalled InCD, but still have the same problem. How do you uncheck Burn At Once?

Thanks,

RJB

5. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

In the very last screen before you hit the Burn button, there is a box on the upper right that says, "Set the parameters for burning." The very last selection is Recording Settings. Highlight that with your mouse and a gray box opens. At the very bottom there is a checkbox called "Use Burn-at-Once." Make sure this box is not checked. After I followed these steps of making sure that InCD was off my system and making sure this box was not checked, everything worked fine.

HTH,

Peregrine

6. nightveil

nightveil Member

Well, I just did yet another uninstall/clean/reinstall of 6.6.0.6 Nero and 3.0.1.18 of NVE, and again disabled Burn-at-Once... however this time I [bold]am[/bold] now able to successfully burn discs once again.

So, it does indeed appear to be a problem related to the Burn-At-Once functionality.

Cheers,
    Joe

7. jrichman

jrichman Member

Simply disabeling the write at once feature solved the problem you are all describing. I could burn images using express 3 to cd+rw and they worked fine, but cd+r failed every time. I disabled the burn at once and it wrote a cd+r without the error #129.

8. ron12347

ron12347 Member

ive solved my problem,
    do what "Peregrine" said,then download the registry checker and driverclean tool from www.nero.com and search for clean tools
    and follow the instructions.
    i used the registry checker and it found errors and it fixed them so this might be causing the ploblem as well.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  9. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

As a newbie trying to remember all the rules, I kind of wonder why this thread isn't in the authoring forum.

But, rather than start a new thread, I'll share my experience here with NVE 3. I just [bold]successfully[/bold] completed my first project with NVE 3. Still relatively new to the dvd scene, I did about half a dozen projects with NVE 2 before upgrading my OEM Nero 6.3 to Nero 6.6 to get the new Nero Recode. I do think there are some new features I'm seeing in NVE 3 that were not there, such as the ability to "shrink" a project that exceeds the size of a dvd5, but as noted below, I'm not sure I'm wild about the way NVE 3 does it, though it may just be my inexperience with it.

The project involved 4 mpegs totally over 5 G. NVE3 offered to compress it, and seems to have chose an arbitrary bit rate to achieve "LP" compression which ended up wasting about a gig of available space. I'm going to see if NVE 3 offers a more efficient way to compress, and if not may revert to using dvd shrink for that task. It will take a lot longer that way, but I don't like the amount of compression I'm seeing with NVE 3.

Transcoding the 5 GB down to about 3 GB of compressed dvd video took about 4 hours. I did [bold]not[/bold] burn directly to dvd, if that matters. I let NVE 3 create a VIDEO_TS folder. I then burned that later with Nero. The actual burn to dvd took just over six minutes.

No errors and the dvd plays fine, except for some loss of video quality because of the compression. Other than that, no problems with NVE 3 here.

FWIW, I did uninstall InCD before ever using NVE 3.

10. rbendorf

rbendorf Guest

Thanks Peregrine! I unchecked Burn At Once and NVE worked perfectly.

One more comment. I use Cucusoft whick works flawlessly, when burning is done with Nero Burning Rom, so the problem is definitly in NVE.

Appreciate the help...hopefully Nero will get the problem fixed...when NVE works as desgined it is great.

RJB

11. munoz6

munoz6 Member

Before you burn the DVD, select recorder settings then deselect the box that says "Use burn-at-Once".

12. Valiss

Valiss Member

Alrighty, like everyone else I followed the tips (no InCD and uncheck Burn-at-Once). I was able to burn a DVD from an AVI - HOWEVER when I pop in the DVD in my player, there is no sound. The AVI works fine (sound and video) when playing from the hard drive, but the burn doesn't have any sound.

Any ideas what is going on?

13. rbendorf

rbendorf Guest

NVE30127 is out. I am downloading it right now...will let you know how it works.

RJB

14. cathudog

cathudog Member

I am having the same error 129 with a lit-on burner 1633s and its after the updates to nero vision 6 and nero 6.0.6 or somthing like that going to try and go back to orginal software myself and see what happens see Ya

15. cathudog

cathudog Member

Installed the newest update for nero vision 3 and problem was solved and it seems to be a little faster overall

16. wenospeak

wenospeak Member

Unchecking the "Burn at Once" box worked for me. I posted this question in another topic and found this using a google search.

Thanks everyone.

BTW - I sent Nero two requests for help using their on-line tech support form and never heard back from them.

Thanks again,

17. nightveil

nightveil Member

The new update to NeroVisionExpress does indeed solve this problem, I'm able to burn using Burn-At-Once with no issues now.

Joe

18. badevil

badevil Member

Im actually trying to find an alternative to NVE it just has to many issues for me, ex.Some times it will play backround music in the menus sometimes it wont.For my animes I use winavi so I can make them widescreen so the subs dont get cutoff due to overscan,then I use NVE, for the first couple of weeks it will work great then it just starts acting up. Any ideas.Tired of doing clean installs every other week.

19. auskara

auskara Member

Can someone help I am trying to capture Video (VHS) Disk to CD using Nerovision 3
    It takes my cpu up to 100% and crashes before I do anything, I have 512mb memory AMD Xp2400, 2.01 GHz
    I though this would be enough

20. jaimeb

jaimeb Member

i was ready to throw nero away !!!!it was fine till i updated it to 6.6,with vision 3 update as well !!and i got the same burn error mesg. and after waiting for nero to reply to my email (9 days later!!!) there were useless ,they said basically uninstall nero and reinstall ?????!!! so to make it short,i deleted INCD ,and restarted cpu.,unchecked burn @ once,and set the speed to 4x ,because maybe my 8x burner,could not handle 45min.of max. burn so i slowed it down ,and BAM ,it worked !!!!!!