1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NES emulation for PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jpare, Aug 26, 2004.

1. jpare

jpare Member

Hi ! Does anyone know how to emulate nes roms on the PS2 ? (I've tried "It might be NES" but when I put the disc in my PS2, it always says "Please insert a Playsation or Playstation 2 disc...")

I have a version 7 PS2 with a DUO2 modchip (and all my ps1 and ps2 backup works perfectly)

Thank you !

2. Serath

Serath Member

It may be the way you're burning the disc. I used nero burning rom 5 to make the CD. just drag and drop then burn. Works fine for me, I've got a V7 with Matrix Infinity.

3. jpare

jpare Member

I use nero 6. I choose "Recoder -> Burn image" and then I select the .iso that the "rombank" utility created.
    Maybe it's the cdr that I use ? I use Princo...

Thanks for your help.

4. Serath

Serath Member

I've always used Durabrand media on my PS2 and haven't had any trouble at all. Get like 100 CDRs for $30USD. Same brand with my DVDr's too. As for nero6, I've never been able to get anything good to come of it :/ I may be biased, but I like Nero 5 much better. Seems to create fewer coasters for me.

5. jpare

jpare Member

Still no luck ! I've made 6 coasters with my cds... I've tried different brand of cds and it still doesn't work ! What am I doing wrong:

I create my .iso file using rombank.exe (version 1.6.2)... I choose all the roms I want and then I create the iso.
    And I know that the iso works fine because when I try it with a psx emulator on my computer it works !
    Then I burn the iso (it's not that complicated to burn an iso !) with quality cds and at the lowest speed possible (I even tried to burn the iso on a dvd!) and when I put the disc in my PS2 (V7 + DUO2) It says to insert a playstation or playstation 2 disc...

I don't know what else to try... is there another nes emulator for psx/ps2 that is as good as "it might be nes" ?

Any suggestion ?

Thank you !

PS. I've tried SNEStation (snes emulator for psx) and it works perfectly...

6. danker123

danker123 Member

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  7. Igorian

Igorian Member

jpare, how have you gotten the SNES Station to work? Does it require the roms be put into a certain directory? Can you detail your process? Mine opens SNES Station, but won't read roms. Thanks.

8. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Did you boot it like you would a regular ps1 backup? I couldn't get it to boot until I realized that it was a ps1 backup, not a ps2 backup.

9. Igorian

Igorian Member

Actually so far I've only gotten it to boot when using Action Replay's EVO Edition Media Player. I'm checking into other boot methods. But so far that's the only way I've been able to boot anything.