1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NES on Pheonix

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by ex.sonic, Nov 27, 2004.

1. ex.sonic

ex.sonic Member

So I've been trying out the N64 and NES parts of Pheonix, I select it to NES then pick an an NES rom, then it saying some error,a bout having the wrong extension that it requires a .nes file, yet the fiel I selected IS a .nes file, I don't understadn why it doing this, N64 works fine though.

2. imri

imri Member

only a few nes roms work on it... i havent used it in a while but i know metroid runs perfectly.
    I tried kid icarus and it was way fucked up

3. ex.sonic

ex.sonic Member

it not the fact fo the rom, its the fact that it wont even start up, before I even hit load, it says somehting about .NES even thoguh I picked a .nes

4. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

how do ya even get Phoenix to load NES roms?
    Also how do ya get it to load N64 roms.
    I play N64 roms with the PDX N64 Rom Server, but I see all kinds of stories about playing em through Phoenix.
    Also found a NES emu but it needs Animal Crossing and you need to be at a certain point of the game.
    That sucks.

5. kopkilla

kopkilla Guest

if you want emulators get a fricken xbox!

6. ex.sonic

ex.sonic Member

kopkilla if your not gonna help go away

SuperTed to get N64 to run off Pheniox, go to options and in the bottom right(on v2.5) clcik associate N64 files, then go to load and then on the top there is a scoll down list, set it to N64, then pick your N64 rom, and then do what you normally do for Pheonix. Don't be confused when it shows LoZ Master Quest, its jsut that the emulator is based on that game, so thats why it does that, also make sure you have 15 blocks free as it needs to save(you cna't continue without saving), also saving does take while when making it for the first time(be patient), then about a minute every other time.

NES is done the same, yet it keeps asking for some .NES thing, even thoguh i pick a .nes ROM, maybe its some file for Pheonix I'm not sure

Oh hey SuperTed what PDX N64, does it run all(most) N64 ROMs becuase Pheonix seems to be very picky, usually only Nintendo games like Mario 64 and Star Fox, yet Mario Tennis and Megaman 64(yeah i know) don't work they jsut stop at the reading disk part.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  7. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

Well...the PDX thing doesn't even let me play Mario 64.
    I just played WaveRace and Starfox with it.
    The rest won't even work.
    Also managed to get hold of the NES emu they used on the Zelda - Collertor's disc, but that thing can't run games above 256kb filesize.

So basicly emulating on GC sucks atm.
    The only emu I like so far is GC_Genesis_PLUS.
    It ran every Genesis/MegaDrive rom I loaded.

8. ex.sonic

ex.sonic Member

GC genesis(and the NES cuz msot arent over 256 anyway). Link?(it just an emulator), or e-mail me becuase I'd love to have genesis again.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  9. durosgeo

durosgeo Guest

kopkilla
    Newbie 29. November 2004 @ 13:23
    "if you want emulators get a fricken xbox!"

Um.. have one.

10. kopkilla

kopkilla Guest

go to fucken hell ya filthy coon

11. paymenow

paymenow Guest

kopkilla is right, get a xbox

KILL ALL COONS KILL ALL COONS KILL ALL COONS KILL ALL COONS KILL ALL COONS KILL ALL COONS KILL ALL COONS KILL ALL COONS KILL ALL COONS

12. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

no s*** xbox emulators emulate

ps2

gamecube

nintendo 64

atari jaguar

super nintendo

gameboy advance

and very soon it will be emulating nintendo ds
    that is if they figure out how to crack the system protection on it ???

13. philipman

philipman Regular member

i just got a nes for the xbox it came with like 800 games its great, xbox is the best for emu.also were do you get the ps2 emu for the xbox and the gamecube one.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  14. coldasice

coldasice Guest

Yeah, that's right sit around diss the sh*t outta Gamecube! Half the battle of creating a successful emulator for Gamecube is first cracking the protection then finding out how the hell data is written so you can write a program yourself! It POSSES a challenge which is something Gamecube fans like! I'd have to say emulation for the GC is up to par right now considering how protected GC is and what we've had to work with. Unlike xbox, we never needed a modchip to start developing. But That's where that VIPER MODCHIP comes in. Now that VIPER has come out, new and better things will be developed for the Gamecube. It's only a matter of time. Emulators for Gamecube may soon be developed that could surpass the best that XBOX can do. So don't be a wise ass and diss around on Gamecube just because your an xbox fan. Everyone knows your emulator with your 800 games wouldn't run worth a d*ck without a modchip! Don't matter how little we can run without a modchip, the point is that we CAN without a modchip! So quit wasting webspace with your comments because we like the challenge! If we didn't want a challenge we'd just be a pu**y about it, make less work for ourselves and instead buy a premodded XBOX. After that we'd go to Gamecube forums, post crap, and act just like YOU!