1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nes to ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by jlg895, Feb 16, 2005.

1. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread but it made some sense to me. I have an emulator on my comp called jnes. I also have a few roms that I use with it. Is there any way to play them on my ps2, gc, or xbox. whichever one is easiest. thank you for your time reading this and helping me out

2. superstui

superstui Regular member

yep.
    You gotta put a hard drive in your PS2 though.

3. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

That's actually not true. You don't need a hard drive for your ps2. You can just download "it might be nes" and use that, but you have to either get a mod chip or flip-top / slide card with swap magic. I have PS2 with flip-top and swap magic 3.3 and it works great.

4. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

i have a mod chip on my ps2. Do you mind explaining where to go from there?

5. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

It really easy. GO to http://imbnes.gamebase.ca/ and then:

Directions for imbNES v1.3:

1.) Download imbNES v1.3 from the 'Downloads' page.

2.) Un-zip all the files to a new directory on your hard drive.

3.) Run rombank.exe

4.) Under Add/Remove Roms, click the first button () to add all the ROMs in a given folder to your ROM list.

5.) Once you've added all your ROMs, you can manipulate the list to get it just the way you want it. At the very least, you'll probably want to sort the list alphabetically using the "AZ" button. ()

6.) When you're done making your ROM list, click the 'Build imbNES ISO' button () in the lower left corner. Then pick the appropriate license (USA | Japan | Europe), press 'Build ISO', and choose where to save your ISO image.

7.) Once the build process if finished, you can close rombank.exe. Now you're ready

after all that, use your burning software to burn the .cue file that is created (don't burn the .iso, only the .cue) (don't use a dvd-r either, only cd-r since this program is based on psx, not ps2) also, i'm not sure it you have to, but i'm pretty sure that your roms have to be .nes extention. if they're not just rename them

this program works really great. i've got about 900 games on one cd:)

good luck.

6. badussy

badussy Member

i have swap magic 3.3 and pstwo and i downloaded imb nes 1.3.2 and when i run it in swap magic its says not a valid ps2 disk? can you help me please!!! pretty pretty please!!!!

7. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

Your problem is that you can't actually use swap magic to load imbnes. Imbnes is actually a program for psx, not ps2. And swap magic won't read psx discs. So, what you need to do is get breakerpro (it's about $18). It lets you load psx games with your fliptop or slidecard. You use it instead of swapmagic. Trust me, it's worth the extra money to be able to play all the old nes games:) Hope that helps you out.

8. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

i"ll give it a try soon. thanks for your help gulliver. your patience puts you above a lot of people in this community.