1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.net framework 2.0 or 1.1 to eliminate gamecube error???

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by wiiterd, Apr 9, 2007.

1. wiiterd

wiiterd Member

I've been researching all over trying to find a resolution to the ".net error" when trying to rip a Gamecube game to my PC to burn for my Wii.

How can I eliminate the .net error????

Please help!!

Thanks

2. Jeff_73ca

Jeff_73ca Member

did you try changing your Primary IDE and Secondary IDE channels to PIO only in device manager??

3. wiiterd

wiiterd Member

Yes, I changed both and I am still getting the error!!!

Are there any other options???

Thanks for the helP!

4. Jeff_73ca

Jeff_73ca Member

does it happen when doing a wii game?

5. banditboo

banditboo Member

I was having the same .Net error when backing up wii games, in particular Wii Play, I went ahead and updated my .net framework from 2.0 to 3.0 and it seems to be working fine now.

6. wiiterd

wiiterd Member

My Wii games copy fine. I just get the .net error when trying to copy gamecube games :( I downloaded .net 2.0 AND 3.0 which microsoft said was ok to have more than one downloaded. I even updated my .net framework files.......still the same error. I changed my IDE primary and secondary to PIO, still an error. You think MAYBE it would be my Zone Alarm (security software) preventing me????

Please help! this is REALLY getting on my nerves!!!!

7. Janus_au

Janus_au Member

I have spent the night backing up Game Cube games and have done several without problem.

However, I have run into the "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow" problem, which I believe is the same one being discussed here, when trying to dump Mario Sunshine.

I am using Windows Vista so when I try to install any .net files I am told that my operating system already has these files and do not need to install the newly downloaded ones.

Would someone mind explaning what "changing your Primary IDE and Secondary IDE channels to PIO only in device manager" is and how it can be done?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007