1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix and the Post Office

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Oopsla, Mar 3, 2005.

1. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Damn right! Just give me an excuse, if I could convince a jury that I was acting in good faith, I would be in the clear.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

mount a camera on the dash like they do in police cars doing chases on tv

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Nah can't do that. It would incriminate me in speeding offences!!!!

4. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Rain, snow, sleet, nor hail.

You'll never stop the U.S. mail!

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

use it on impending collisions

6. Oopsla

Oopsla Guest

Hmmm? Pulsar. Not saying that you ever would go "Postal" with that 7 1/2 ton truck but you are worrying me. Deep breaths. Is all that junk mail really worth it? or is this some repressed road rage hostilities towards idiot drivers? If so, please see about getting a job here in Baltimore, which is in Maryland not a far step from Queen "Mary's land". Which ought to satisfy any homesickness you might have. I'd really like our roads plowed and get my Netflix at the same time.

7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

To me, all mail is precious. If you pay the money, you deserve to have it looked after. Do you really want me to give YOUR mail to a complete numpty, without resistance? After all, it is property of the Crown.
    The "junk" mail that you talk about is not carried by the local trucks! (Amazingly junk mail gets a lot of business from the public!)

I only carry peoples' & business letters, parcels & special deliveries. That mail needs taking care of. I like to think I do a reasonable job in protecting it.

Just don't get in my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have a problem with middle lane hoggers & anyone who does not understand or read the Highway code.
    Potential thieves & bad drivers, you have been warned!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

ok *puts aways his black mask and flashlight* LOL

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Jim dandy, you do get around my friend!

10. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i had the same problem with gamefly. Its either someone at the post office, or netflix itself so they can slow down sending your movies (or charge you for them).

11. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Blockbuster.com is the worst...I had the 8 at a time program for 38.00 a month us. It was bad...Dvd's would come in opened ...I would get the wrappers with no dvd in the sleave. Somedays it would take a day to get a disk, sometimes a week. Bottom line, I think someone was watching them before i got them. When sending them back it would take less then 24 hours to get to them. I know the problem was in the disks getting to me everytime. I complained and complained they never cared. Complained to the post office, they care even less. I just go now to my local blockbuster and get 2 at a time.

12. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

I've been using Netflix on and off for about a year now. Currently got the 5 day movie out pass....

Well I've read about the disappearing movies in the mail from countless sites either outgoing or incoming, and I am sure it sucks.

If anything, the service for me is really good. Distribution center is only like an hour away, so I get them pretty quick. Get about 10 a week.

Never lost a single one or was stolen. Got a damaged one though, but was quickly replaced.

I guess what it boils down to is where you live and what kind of people work at the post office.

Hopefully you all will have better luck in the future.

BTW, don't know if you all know about this, but there are "other" alternatives to Netflix and Blockbuster.

Check out http://peerflix.com/
    and there are going to be many other trading dvd sites.

This might be a better alternative if you don't want to rent or want to try something new.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  13. madgreek

madgreek Guest

too bad it did not work for "backed up" disks lol

14. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

The concept peerflix uses is good except that they are collecting a buck a trade for basically managing the trades. Something like that would work here on AD but there would have to be a way to weed out the idiots. But alas there are too many.

15. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Can you imagine the amount of bootlegs that will be on there?

16. squizzle

squizzle Active member

well I signed up for Netflix and so far they're better than BBV and I've only got my first 3 movies. That should say something huh?

17. Oopsla

Oopsla Guest

Netflix has been good to me. Just the Post Office that is taboo. I must say BBV (which I take for Blockbuster Video) will NEVER get my business. Darn BBV to He11. They drove every mom and pop video store out of business by lowering their price. When almost all the competition was wiped out they raised their price. Dirty pool on their part. Screw em.

18. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Netflix is hot!

Got some new ones in on Friday :)

19. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Blockbuster...well the online service everyone knows how I feel on them. As for netflix...its all on your post office. That is all I can say.

20. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Very true....seems like it is the post office...

How sad.

I mean, movies aren't all that....to risk stealing them.