1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix is awesome!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ashroy01, Apr 14, 2005.

1. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

I was really skeptical about mailing dvds and how good it really could be. I've had Netflix for about 4 months now and I don't think I'll ever walk into a blockbuster again!
    I only live about 50 miles from the nearest center and I get my movies about 2 days after requesting them (occaisionally 3, or 1 if I'm lucky.) Does everybody live this close to their Netflix center???
    My only complaint: My queue stays empty for small periods of time when I can't think of a movie to rent.
    Tried blockbuster for their free trial (2wks), but the movies didn't seem to get here as fast. Netflix has a 2wk trial too, and last time I checked Wal-Mart had a 30-day. All are good if you want to get some free movies and try out their services - you need a credit card though, just remember to cancel your membership if you don't want to continue service.

2. bigdave76

bigdave76 Member

blockbuster has unlimited rental here in he states for 9.99 for a month with a credit card cncel at the end of the month then the 2 time ya rent is 14.99 unlimited but i hate to set and wait for my movie to come in i have to many thieves in the neighbor hood to put movies in the mail lol so i just drive to blockbuster bc is 5 minutes down the road just my 2 cents

3. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

the Blockbuster online is good in that it's $3 cheaper than Netflix, and you get 2 free in-store rentals/month. I was told Netflix is most dominant in the market and they've been operating for 5 years.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Netflix seems to have more distibution centers and new releases usually have a long wait time with BBV online. I use both, and at first I was going to drop BBV. It took a week to get movies to me when it should've been a couple of days. Then I wrote them an email telling them how much they sucked (I was pretty drunk at the time). Now they are just as fast as Netflix.

I especially like the 2 free in-store rentals per month. I use them for PS2 games, which are like $7.50 ea. to rent, so that alone pays for it. I'm pretty happy with both.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Even if BB was half the price I'd still go with Netflix out of principle. BB screwed me over on late charges far too many times times for me to ever give them another cent of my money no matter what a good deal it may be.

That being said I love Netflix and have started several friends on it too :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  6. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

That's what I'm talking about.

7. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Netflix is good and has been around for years. As a matter of fact, just recently there online customer account went to 3 million members! But just wait till you up your acct. and then it starts taking a while to get your dvds. Trust me on this one. But it is still really good.

No offense to anyone, but BB blows! Only reason I say this is because of their shady practices and the story came out over the net about how they admitted to ripping customers off in regards to late fees. Plus, it just really doesn't seem worth using them, but that's my opinion.

Ok...so now that I have said that, I am kinda wondering, why not many people have mentioned Gamefly.com. I would assume that all PS2/Xbox users would be flocking like hell to have an account there, they are just like Netflix and BB, but only for games. Don't know if much has been mentioned, but I don't really see anyone saying it. I know if/when I do start to "cross over to the dark side", hehe, and do games, that is where I am going to be going. No sense in traveling to a rental store.

;)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  8. Xian

Xian Regular member

I used Netflix up until 1999 when they went subscription only. It used to be that you could just pay $3 or so and rent a title and not have to pay for a subscription. I never used them afterwards. If I want to watch a movie, I want to watch it then, not wait days for it to arrive so I will continue to use local shops for my rentals. I have never had a problem with late charges since I always return them on time - in 20+ years of video rentals I have only paid a single late fee because I was hospitalized on that occasion.