1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

netgear router

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by mackum, Apr 23, 2007.

1. mackum

mackum Member

took me 20 mins to get on line tonight,i am having problems at the moment getting connected,the other day i opened a port to download from azureus and don't now if its a coinstandance but i've noticed i am loosing connection every now and then,the green light on the router for connection blinks amber,goes off then come back on,I've checked all my wire that my isp said and its still dropping the connection,its also taking about 5 min to turn a page over on the net any help would be grateful

ps its a netgear dg834g
    I have a spare one would putting the new one on make any difference

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

put your router to factory settings and see if this helps. maybe your configuration in your router is a little screw-e

If its still the same then check your firewall in your PC.

3. mackum

mackum Member

thanks ,looks like it was the firewall in vista stopping the connection,seems to be working ok now

4. mackum

mackum Member

though i'd fixed it but its still dropping the connection now and again,not as muchbut still taking ages to get on the net any more help will be grateful

5. halfhere

halfhere Regular member

try uninstalling the client for 24 hours testing the connection and seeing if it drops, if not, then Azurues is your issue, if it still drops then their is an issue with the cable mdm itself amongst other things that could be causing it.

6. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

If the error that vista is giving you is that you need to move your computer u need to unplug or turn off your modem and router and give it at least 2 to 5 minutes then turn it back on and wait till every light that was on b4 comes back and make sure your DSL light becomes Stable and then try to connect back and that should fix the problem.