1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nethostfs

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Jeremy699, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me how to work Nethostfs on my psp. I have read everything about Nethostfs, and everyone has said its not good, but it still works... Nobody tells how to get it to work, I have tried USB host, got it to connect, but i couldnt play my iso's over it... But now i would like some instructions if not full ones on how to get Nethostfs to work.

Please and thank-you.

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Everyone's telling you it's no good probably because it IS no good. Why do you even say it works when you are still asking how to get it to work?

3. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

If you can read properly, like most can, obviously you can't.. My post says "Everyone has said its not good, but it still works"... That says that everyone is telling me it works, but its got faults.. I dont care if it has faults.

BTW Blackvamp... "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all" Ever hear that one? It applies to you in this specific situation... Sry mate, I just can't stand people that post utterly stupid posts that don't get anyone anywhere.

Now does anyone know how to get it working or not?

Thank-you

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Jeremy, if I have offended you in anyway, I appologize, as none is intended. I will rephrase.

Like everyone is saying, Nethostfs is no good. It is to be used with IRShell, which was discontinued long time ago. I'm betting you are trying to run iso's on it. If so, give up, as it is NOT supported, the speed is just too slow. If you wanna stream video, audio from your pc, Pimpstreamer is a much better alternative.

5. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

Hey, its alright, you seem like a nice guy that just got his message across wrong. I already know it doesn't support ISO, and I already have PiMPStreamer and IRShell. I just wanted to try Nethostfs.. Meh no big deal.

Thanks anyway

6. MustangCS

MustangCS Member

Hi guys, I have been trying to get nethostfs working for a couple of days now too. I feel where your coming from Jeremy699, I've been searching around and when someone asks how to get it to work all anyone ever says is oh it's crap use ______ instead. Well I want to try and get nethostfs working. I don't care if its crap, for what ever reasons, I am just looking for information on it. In my case, I am NOT trying to stream ISOs. Nor am I trying to stream music or movies. What interested me the most is the ability to stream homebrew (emulators). That was the original reason for me to try and figure it out.

As far as I can tell it's a compatibility problem with later custom firmwares and irshell? From what I've read it only works with 1.5 and/or maybe 2.71SE? I think I also read that it works with 3.10OE, but I don't remember for sure if nethostfs works. I currently have 3.40OE on my PSP but I would be willing to try a different version, even if just to try it out. But I haven't found a definite guide or information on how to get it to work with custom firmwares.

I see that usbhostfs is the best option to stream ISOs and Pimpstreamer for video and audio. Is there any other options to stream homebrew from a linux only pc over a wifi connection? Or any good information on how to get nethostfs to work?

-Adam

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Well, for your purpose Nethostfs is the only option.

I believe that last OE supported IRshell was 3.03oe-c. I'd give that a try if you haven't.

8. MustangCS

MustangCS Member

Is there a specific version for 3.03OE-C or is it just the same irshell 3.1. available everywhere? The one that comes with the 150 and 271 eboots?

-Adam

9. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Last Irshell I've used was 3.0 I think. I gave it up when OE's are out. Just try it with 3.03oe-c, if it doesn't work, going back to dev-hook might be your only option.

10. MustangCS

MustangCS Member

Ok I think I'll give that a shot and see what happens. Thanks.

-Adam