1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

network card help Please!!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by smash22, Feb 28, 2007.

1. smash22

smash22 Regular member

my computer has been slow when online, so i called my ISP and have been told im playing for 1.5mps download speed. i did a speed test and it was very close to this. This speed is good enough for me, but the problem is the most i could ever achieve is only 185 kbps. So i asked a friend and he said getting a new network card should resolve this issue. Im i newbie to this stuff but you guys are experts so i wanted your advice? here are some specs of my PC thanks guys. i hope you can help me out.

My current network adapter= Broadcom 440x 10/100 intergrated Controller

MY PC = intel(r)
    Pentium(R) 4cpu 2.20GHz
    2.19 GHz, 256 MB of RAM

thanks guys i hope this helps out. If you have any ideas of what to get please feel free to document your suggestions.

2. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

if you dont know how to put a pci card in your computer just go to bestbuy and get a new usb adapter

3. smash22

smash22 Regular member

im pretty good at adding parts to the PC, but you think this will do the trick? Just called Compusa and they said my current adapter shouldn't be creating download speed issues.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

get more ram if using xp as will speed up performance of computer.

5. elokito

elokito Regular member

what? dude thats OK 1.5mb is 200kb ok but u will NEVER get exactly what u pay for with internet i pay for 1.5mb down 768kb up and i get 172kb down and 80-90 up and thats good NO a new network card wont help u thats just the way it is

6. smash22

smash22 Regular member

thankyou everyone for you insight and help, thats why i continue to enjoy afterdawn. You guys are right agian and my problem has been resolved and no network card is needed. thanks again.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

teach & learn