1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

network cards on vista

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by danny565, Jun 11, 2007.

1. danny565

danny565 Guest

i have just installed vista premium on my desktop, i have 2 network cards installed in my pci slots but my computer isnt picking any of them up, i have been into device manager expecting to see the cards there with the yellow question mark but they are not there, should they be? 1 of the cards is a belkin G wireless card and it says on the belkin website that they are compatable with vista. Anybody know of anything i can try?

Cheers danny

2. britz660

britz660 Member

I haven't bought vista yet so I don't know the changes from XP yet, but I would assume that if its not under network interfaces that you might want to do a detect hardware.

sometimes they get thrown into "Unknown Device" in device manager too.

Hope that helps some

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I have vista and they should be under network adapters. If they are not there they should be an unknown devices and if you cant find the device in device manager because it is unknown you need to search for it and find the vista driver manually.

4. danny565

danny565 Guest

i have just done a clean install of vista but the card is still not in device manager, i have expanded every catagory and it isnt there. I have done a scan for new hardware but that doesnt pick it up either. Not sure what to try now, any ideas?

5. britz660

britz660 Member

unlikely solution but maybe try switching the slots they are in. I thought i have heard that offered as a solution before.

At worst, im wrong .. and it won't hurt to try.