1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network error - 864 on ps2, HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by latinreco, Mar 30, 2005.

1. latinreco

latinreco Member

I was trying to go online to play "call of duty" online, and i got a "network error - 864"

Which I found out is "Invalid media, e.g. using CD-R and DVD-R discs against the production server, or using manufactured discs against the development server". That is what i found out. Is there a way to fix this error -864?

2. Doulley

Doulley Guest

oh shit dude was call of duty a back up cause if it didnt have the dnas code on it u might be banned

3. hursty

hursty Active member

hehehe,yes you need to patch the dnas id code onto the disc before going on line

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeha

4. latinreco

latinreco Member

really, i am new at this online thing, i followed the directions at http://www.ps2nfo.com/on-line.html, I did patch the dnas id code to "call of duty", and i still got the error -864 msg. Is there another site that has better directions than the one i am using? What should i do next to fix this?

5. jroff1

jroff1 Guest

I got the same error with Timesplitters 3. I patched it the same way I've patched several other games and burned to the same media that's worked with other games, but for some reason, it gives me the 864 error.

I think some of the newer games must have another level of protection that isn't cracked with windip or discID insertor.

Can anyone else confirm this?

6. Doulley

Doulley Guest

do u have any original games? if so do they work online? might be a bad burn or no dnas code inserted

7. latinreco

latinreco Member

Yeah, i have the original game, my friend let me borrow his copy of "call of duty", his original copy works online. i got the dnas id and then patched it. I burned it at 4x, i used dvd decrypter to burn it. do u recommend another program to burn? I can still logg online w/ his copy, but not w/ the back-up, i get that error -864. Any suggestions?

8. castro485

castro485 Member

i cant even use the utility.. i get a

Image File 'C:\...\Duty.iso' (1 part, 4382Mb, 2048 bytes/sector).
    The following files have been located for possible patching:-
    DNAS300.IMG;1, IOPRP300.IMG;1,

ERROR: The Image File is not DN*S enabled or uses an unsupported version!

i dont know what the hell to do..