1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network Problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by X3R0102, May 4, 2012.

1. X3R0102

X3R0102 Member

Hello I need some help if anyone could help that would be great. I have road runner internet and been having this problem as of late. See I own my own business and my shop is out back of my house. I have a wireless router in the house for home use. Coming out of my wireless router is my cat 5 that runs out the house underground to my shop for my shops network. This cable then goes in to a 5 port hub that brakes it to my two shop computers. Here is the problem I have been having every night when I close down and leave and then come back in the morning my shop is down. Sometimes its my main computer some times its the other and some times its both of them. I removed my firewall changed my port hub and I am still losing internet everyday only way to fix it some times is to reset the modem in the house. can anyone help me

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

how far is the shop from the house?

3. X3R0102

X3R0102 Member

100 ft

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

might need a booster as distance might be to far. check the router's manufacturer faq about max distance using cat cable.