1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network Speeds

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by snaker, Sep 21, 2004.

1. snaker

snaker Member

With a 56k modem and a NIC card 10/100 how long will take to transfer an x-box game from the x-box dvd drive to pc hard drive?Please answer.Thanks.

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

you dont use a modem, it goes straight into your NIC card.If you turn passive mode off (in flash fxp) your conection speed will be about 4MB a sec but if you get a X3 there boost will make it 11mb sec

3. snaker

snaker Member

So,there is no need to connect on the internet to transfer a game from the x-box dvd drive to my pc hard disk?The only think i need is th nic card and a cable to connect it with my x-box.Is all of these correct.If yes thanks and thanks for your help.I know all the others my only problem is the connection.

4. clarky

clarky Regular member

No there is no need to connect to the net to transfer your game. Just you ftp client, your xbox and your cross over cable.

I get 10mbps + from the hd and around 1.5 - 2 mbps from the disk.

5. snaker

snaker Member

Thanks a lot.I found a Microsoft Networking 10/100 Ethernet PCI Adapter.Is it the same with the network interface card and i found the crossover cable.

6. snaker

snaker Member

Please does anyone know where to buy a network interface card from the internet?I live in Greece,if you don't know in Europe, and none ships here.Does anyone knows a company which ships worldwide.All i found ships in Uninted States.Please answer.

7. clarky

clarky Regular member

dont you have computer retailers in Greece? A cross over cable is not something that is difficult to obtain. A computer/ electrical dealer / store should be able to get you the cross over cable and the nic all at the same place.

There not very expensive either.

8. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

To get the highest transfer rate go into network connections and go into properties of the local area connection then click on configure and on the advanced tab.Then click on media type from the list and set it to 100Mb.Full Duplex.This gives me a transfer rate of about 2600Kb/s+