1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networkin My dBox errors

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by macboy, Apr 6, 2007.

1. macboy

macboy Member

Hi all new to the forum but lookin forward to gettin my teeth into some sections.
    Now to my problem I received my dBox yesterday and have managed to get it all set up complete with a succesful channel scan. Now I wish to arrange the channels to suit myself but can't get it to connect to my network at home. Can anyone recomend where I am going wrong or even point me in the direction of a tutorial. I get several error messages aswell when I test the network connection. I am available on msn for anyone that is willing to help I will be eternally grateful

Cheers

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you are using a crossover cable set the network card to a fixed IP.
    Box and pc must be in the same logical network. For instance 192.168.0.1 for the pc and 192.168.0.23 for the box. If you change the IP at the box in the network menue save and restart the network at the box.

3. macboy

macboy Member

I am not getting anywhere all I really need is the box on my network and the error messages dont seem to make sense to me or the seler

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You simply have to set the IP's by your own. There is nobody who define the addresses for you.
    If you use a router with dhcp server set the box to dhcp.

5. macboy

macboy Member

I must really be thick as I had the laptop connected to the dbox there and now I have lost it as for setting it up via my router I am getting no where. Is there anyone out there that might be able ot give me a step by step guide?

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Dbox button -> network
    Enable dhcp, save and restart network, do a network test.
    You see the IP the box got from the router inside the test messages.

7. macboy

macboy Member

Ok cheers for that I'll give it a go and let u all know how I get on.

Sorry for bein so thick

8. macboy

macboy Member

For all those that helped me with my Problem I just want to say a Great Big Thank you My dBox is now working fully on my network and my channels are arranged just as I would like them.

Now going lookin to see if I can watch my dBox on my macbook via the internet

Again Cheers

Gordon

9. IRONICGAL

IRONICGAL Guest

mgb17....please help me !!!...when starting my dbox the main picture appears when booting up ...then a load of computer jargon scrools up ...then i have a limited amount of channels...and my remote dont work ......i have to change channels manually and i cant seem to get menu up as controls not working ....please sum 1 help i miss it

thankyou