1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

networking pc and xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by 2swft, Apr 8, 2005.

1. 2swft

2swft Member

Hi all im a neewbe and im trying to back up my xbox files but it seems that i cant get flashfxp to connect with my xbox.
    My setup is two nic cards and crossover cable xbox modded with x-chip and a slayers 2.6 disk inside my drive.Now from some of the how toos and the slayers disk it says that i should backup my files before installing the new M$ dash or the slayers dash.So when i open flashfxp and try to connect using the onboard nic i just get connection failed when i try to use the pci nic that iv set up for the box i get connecting to xbox ,connected to xbox,30 seconds later connection lost I,v been trying this three times a week scince october and I about to just step on the dame thing and brake it to bits. If someone can tell me what im doing wrong and help me understand because i just can't read anymore how tos Thanks

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

You don't install a "new M$ or slayers dash." Don't touch or rename your ms dash. Slayers is an auto install program that will install Evox(I believe).I haven't used Slayers, I just used an evox boot disc when I first started.You can't even make a connection unless you are currently in an alternative dashboard like evox or avalaunch etc.Before making an FTP connection you'll need to flash your modchip with a hacked MS Bios and install(or run off boot disc) a dashboard like EvolutionX,Avalaunch etc. You can't backup anything until you make an FTP connection.

3. jwmc1971

jwmc1971 Member

xboxscene.com...this will help you way more than afterdawn ...no offence AD , but they started all this xbox modding crap when it was far underground.

4. 2swft

2swft Member

Hello again everyone iv gone to xbox-scene and posted my question on the borad but it looks as if they dont want to deal with me iv posted three times and the havent put my posts up on the board