1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Networking Problem] A single computer will not connect to the internet.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Vornesoul, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Vornesoul

Vornesoul Member

This computer is running Windows XP Home Edition 32X. It is connected to a D-Link (DI-604) Router and a RGA cable modem with a High-Speed Cogeco 1800 KB/Sec connection as according to Cogeco's speed connection test.

The three other computers in the house can connect to the internet. All four computer's have a connection to the router and have their private IPs given to them by said router, including the malfuncioning one.

This problem occured after I started using the Azureus Bittorrent program (it was rather slow, I might add. Seemed to have a probem connecting to peers) and had left it on for the night. Before I went to bed, I had an internet connection. When I woke up, I could no longer connect to the net.

Help?

2. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

Check your TCP/IP properties of the computers and see if they're still obtaining IP/DNS automatically. If that's correct, go to System Restore under Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore. There should be a restore point available for before you installed Azareus. Choose a retore point. If that doesn't work, uninstall Azareus and reinstall the router and reconfigure other computers. Those are the simplest ways i can think of. Hope this helps!