1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networking PS3 On Home Server

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by NuckNFuts, Oct 17, 2007.

1. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

I was told that PS3 can see a home router/HUB to copy media files over to playback on console. How do I get the PS3 to see my home network or shared media files for that matter so I can move them over as needed?

What other cool things can be done with PS3 on a home network with file sharing?

2. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

Is your PS3 connected to the internet? If it is, go to one of the other PC's on your network, and install a program like NERO MEDIA HOME or TVERSITY, get it set up and run it. Once it's running, turn on your ps3, and then select "search for media servers" <-- little tutorial.

3. koalarock

koalarock Member

You can also use windows media player, but it's something of a resource hog. It has to be WMP 11. Under Library choose media sharing and enable it. The on the PS3 do a search for a media server, then it will show up on the computer. It should show up as an unknown device. Allow sharing for it, and you're done. a tip, if you want to stream music, go to the media server under music in the xross media bar, not videos.