1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networking question....

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by hk2npck, Feb 25, 2004.

1. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

I have 2 network cards. I want one connected to my router and one connected to another computer (I have all I need, gigabit nic, with a cat6 cable for the computer to computer) but each time I enable the computer to computer network, it disables my internet connection. When I enable it again, the computer to computer connection becomes disabed. Uhh..what?

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

know nothing about routers but I read you right on 2 pc's you have 2 inc's??

if so to connect 2 pc's to the internet at the same time you need 3 inc's 1

for your main pc to access the internet via modem .....another on that pc to connect to the second pc and 1 on your second pc to connect to your first pc .....so that both can contact the internet at once

probably doesn't help cause I may have read ya wrong

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

4. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

Well, no. Thats not my question. I have my 2 PC's with each, 2 network cards. They are both connected to a router connected to the internet (that is taking up one NIC on each computer) When I connect them with the cat6 on the gigabit NIC's, it runs at 1 gigabit, but my other network (the one connected to the router) becomes disabled. Its as if windows wont let me be on 2 networks. You might be asking why I didnt make only 1 computer a gateway for the other, well, because the computers would be on at different times, and the host computer must be on for the client computer to have internet access.

5. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

hk2npck then very sorry but My knowledge is of no use to you I dun run a router yet will be doing later in the year
    hope ya get the help ya need

DaOsT