1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

networking xbox to pc

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by noobsaibo, Sep 22, 2003.

1. noobsaibo

noobsaibo Member

ok i need help with networking. I want to know if i can just take my RJ45 cable from my cable modem and connect my xbox directly to my pc without a hub or a router. Its not a crossover cable is that ok? And if i cant do this with a straight cable can i still connect directly with a crossover cable? Ive looked at tutorials and i dont have a hub or router like they tell you to use.
    If anyone knows anything on the subject id like some help please...

2. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

No you cannot go from the modem to the xbox

You need a RJ-45 crossover cable connected from your PC network card to your XBOX. This is how I am setup and it works great

Matt

3. noobsaibo

noobsaibo Member

alright ill try that. thanks for the info

4. noobsaibo

noobsaibo Member

ok i have the crossover cable and i connected it from my xbox straight to my nic. ive tryed following the tutorials on how to setup my network and things and have had no results. I only have one NIC card, but i dont have to have two, do I? If i can do it with one will someone give me a brief explanation?
    Thanks
    NooBSaibot

5. noobsaibo

noobsaibo Member

ok ive got it all figured out. everything is working beautifully

6. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Cool.. Glad to hear it

Matt

7. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Hi, Ok first of all Im real sorry, you guys have probably said this stuff a million times, but Im new to xbox modding, and unfortunately, havent networked anything before, so treat me as a complete beginner.
    I can follow most of the xbox modding etc, except the networking, I notice SOME sites say I need a cable modem, some sites say I can connect direct to my computer via a network card, who is right?I live out in the country, and dont have a cable modem or high speed internet (boring old dialup)
    Also I have an asus a7n8x deluxe mainboard which I believe has an onboard nvidia NIC, can I connect my xbox direct to this via a crossover cable? (after I have installed evo x via a cdrw boot disc)
    Would appreciate any help
    please email !! (djboogie@graffiti.net)
    Rich

Last edited: Oct 26, 2003
  8. GetModded

GetModded Guest