1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new 1.8 data

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by eurojon, May 23, 2007.

1. eurojon

eurojon Member

so im installing the new 1.8 data package for ps3 as we speak...

it says u can upscale psx/ps2/some dvd's to HD format :)!!

and it says u can hook it up to printer for photos...

and also hook it up to a network of computers (double :)!!)

ill keep u guys posted and let u know how it is

unless someone else has it before me then post ur opinions

thanks

2. eurojon

eurojon Member

ok so i tried it out the resolution on the ps2 games/dvds are MUCH better!

and it doesn't stretch the game to wide screen and makes it look distorted which is really nice

but yeah...i haven't tried out the networking thing..i dont really care for it as much...i might out of boredom

but those two things i was looking for big time in the update

3. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

4. eurojon

eurojon Member

ehh three weeks is not bad...

i thought it would be late this week...

5. babyg

babyg Member

yeah im abit dissapointed we cant do wallpapers yet. but still got some neat stuff. i tried upscaling for ps2 games and ahhhhhhh now i can finally play fear effect 2 without going blind.

The network stuff works well. presentation isnt as good as the xbox n windows media center but it does the trick regardless. At this rate we ll be baallllllllllliin by 3.0

the print function is ......... un needed right now. thats could hav been a wallpaper update right there. snap

6. gover2087

gover2087 Member

how do u get the new network streaming working? it says no servers were found, but wat servers do i need to download for my computer to stream to my ps3? i'm running windows xp media center edition btw if that helps.

7. tko7211

tko7211 Member

I was also wondering how the network stuff works. I have two computers set up at home on Windows XP to network how do I get my PS3 (which is wireless) to recognize them?

8. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

I use Windows Media Player 11. With the Ps3 on and connected to your network, open WMP go to options>Library then select configure sharing, check sharing, hit ok, a window should appear with devices it found on the network, it will probably show the PS3 as UNKOWN. Connect to it and your done. Now go back to PS3 and run the search media again and it will say "1 server found" hit back and your in.... I love it!!....
    Oh also to add folders go into the options of WMP and add the folders manually you wan to add. I went in and added my laptop shared files and the ones on my other computer, all through my laptop.... If you have Windows Vista or Windows Media with the extender, you can probably do the same, except I believe if you use Media you have to have an actual Extender which is a piece of hardware... I use WMP, works just as well

I have also tried playing a couple psx and PS2 games...OMG bad ass, I seen a hudge differance in clarity and screen position... Played a regular DVD and it was pretty damn clear, excellent quality!

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  9. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

does itunes sharing work with this aswell? i wouldnt see why not.

10. biglo30

biglo30 Regular member

well i have xp and when i open the folder on my ps3 there's nothing in them, what am i doing wrong???

11. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

Ok I got WMP11 and TVersity to work together. WHats wierd is WMP11 didnt work until I installed TVersity. had no idea what happend, but it worked. You have to give your ps3 some time to find them and update the folders that you have. That all depends on your routers speed ofcoarse. My PS3 found 2 servers. Im playing with it to see what shared folders I need to place my music in. I havent tried video yet, but I see that adding a playlist doesnt seem to work. I have all of my music on a separate drive. and the C drive isnt big enough to hold a second copy of all my music. Were talking almost 40gb worth of nothing but MP3's.

I bet all of these updates are geared towards HOME. Not only will you be able to share your music on the PS3 but also your Streamed music and video Files......

12. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

FINALLY!!! After searching and searching and learning and learning all day..... I finally got my PSP 3.40oe-a paired to my PS3. For those who dont already know, download IDrepair and run it.. Worked perfectly after that, before I kept getting the "PSP not connected"...
    Also finally got my ps3 onto my server.. I tried Tversity,Nero Media,WMP11,and some other crappy media servers.. I am using Twonkymedia.. Its pretty good.. Only thing is you have to manually go in and typ the file paths you want to share..
    Quick Question for those with Nero.. I have Nero 7.0.6.9, I try to start Nero MediaHome and I get a message saying "cannot connect to Nero Scout" Please reinstall.. I did reinstall and use Neroclean tool everytime.. Once I reinstall, it will run Once, show up on my PS3, then I exit, try to rerun it and I get the same error message...Anyone????Thats why I switched to Twonkymedia.....

13. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

HA! you hit the nail on the head! I was thinking the same exact thing.. Sony has seemed to switch gears toward media sharing and muilt-tasking.... Hey I think its great.... Now I really dont need to put all my songs on my external drive, just use my desktop server with 300 gigs of music..Hell yeah!

14. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

Ok has anyone been able to view their Video Files? I have backed up copies of dvd movies saved on my hard drive. Obviously you cant see anything on the ps3 notunless you add these files to the shared folders or have them saved in your media player's library. Cant seem to get a playlist to work to be played on the PS3. But is there an extra tool I need to play my movie files on the PS3?

15. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Has anyone been able to access their music via wireless connection? Am currently downloading the update and would like to know if his works.

16. babyg

babyg Member

make sure ur files r the right format. divx, avi n windows media videos dont run. share the folder containing the video files u wish to share or place into a shared folder and remove password protected sharing. if uve got vista it works better if ur running a private network. also make sure that wen ur opening the videos on the XMB on ur ps3 do so under video!

hope this helps

17. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Nero Media will stream .VOB files to the PS3.

18. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

Yeah Ive been playing with it all night. I will end up going with Neromedia to play my movies files. I dont want to pay for it but if I have to.....anybody know of any links?
    I realy dont want to convert 100+ movies to Mp4. TVersity just looks too basic. More like a Win 3.1 application. But I did get it to see my video files. It played the files that were trailers and one file was the screen of the title menu's for the dvd's, but I couldnt manuver to select "play movie" or scene selection and so on. Now when I selected the file that was actually the movie, I had to turn my PS3 off becuz it stop responding and stayed on a black screen as if it was going to play. I also noticed the time was still progressing when the file was playing. Pictures did show great though of the ones that did play. That upscaling really works. You can actually adjust how much it will upscale.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  19. soulhunta

soulhunta Member

Ey guys I just want your opnion on upgrading to this new firmware for the PS3. Should I upgrade , or wait so that downgraders come out and we can start playing ISOs ( which will be in a long time) or should i just forget that and upgrade to 1.80 thanks guys and peace out

20. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

Yes, My Pc is wireless and My ps3 is hard wired. As long as your routers wireless settings arent blocking any thing you need enabled to make your two devices see each other, you should be fine. I have those ATT 2wire routers. (modem and router in one device) I think i have to have it cuz I have the so called elite dsl package. Havent checked to see if I can use another type of gaming router that hapens to have modem and router capabilites. (I bet that 1000tbase wired connection would really help when online) There wasnt much that I had to do. also you may want to check to see if you need to enable this connection through your virus scan software that may have network managment. I have Macafee and I had to allow access to the internet for TVersity. I have my network locked down pretty tight so you may not have to go through all of that.